Problem with MS strongly typed datasets architecture - Many thanks

Annie

hello guys,

I have created the BLL and DAL using the microsoft strongly typed datasets.

There are couple of problems here:

1- The table adaptor object Insert method accepts arguments for all the
table columns.
That is something that I don't want. I possibly want to supply a datatable
or something.

Public Overloads Overridable Function Insert(ByVal CustomerID As String,
ByVal CompanyName As String, ByVal ContactName As String, ByVal ContactTitle
As String, ByVal Address As String, ByVal City As String, ByVal _Region As
String, ByVal PostalCode As String, ByVal Country As String, ByVal Phone As
String, ByVal Fax As String) As Integer

What is the way of doing this? I mean something that I will be able to pass
from GUI to BO and then BO pass it to TableAdaptor???

2- The Update function of table adaptor has more than one signature it
accepts, datatable,
dataset, fields parameters etc the one I am interested with is the:

Public Overloads Overridable Function Update(ByVal dataTable As
Customers.CustomersDataTable) As Integer

Return Me.Adapter.Update(dataTable)

End Function

However, the problem here is that Customers.CustomersDataTable properties
are READ Only. So how can I assign value to this object??

What is the best way of working with this?

Any reply will be appreciated