Problem with MSDN Custom AccessSiteMapProvider Example

gerry

I wrote up a couple of simple SiteMap providers based on the MSDN
documentation and examples, in particular the AccessSiteMapProvider example
found at http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms178434.aspx
I keep running into the same problem - the root node cannot be found.
So I went back and tried the MSDN example exactly as it appears in the
documentation ( or at least as exact as I could get - I did have to make 2
minor modifications to get it run ).
And I found that the example has exactly the same problem that I am running
into with my own providers.
It looks like there is some detail that has either being left out of he docs
and examples or that I am just not seeing.

I created a solution that includes 2 simple file based web sites - one that
works using the default sitemap provider with a web.sitemap file and a
second that uses the AccessSiteMapProvider with a .mdb
The entire zipped solution is available at http://dev.gerzio.ca/sitemap.zip

If anyone could either point me to a working example of a custom sitemap
provider or shed any light on what it is that I am doing wrong it would be
appreciated.

Gerry

gerry

update for anyone who is at all interested :

basing my provider on the text file based example at
everything now works as it should.

either there is a problem with the StaticSiteMapProvider class or with the
AccessSiteMapProvider example.
so for me the simple fix is : ignore both of these and go with what works
;-)

Gerry