Problem with .NET WebService Loading Unmanaged DLL

Adam M. Rosenzweig

Hello,

I am having a problem getting a particular web service to work on a win 2003
server. This web service does work on my XP box. The web service is
written in VB.NET, and uses a declare statement to access a function in an
umnanaged dll built using Visual C++ 2003. The function in the dll returns
an XLOPER *, which in the VB code I take as an Integer, and use other
functions inside a different unmanaged dll to parse the results into a
custom VB class.

Attempting to invoke the web service in the auto-generated test page on the
Win 2003 server results in an internal server error 500. On the XP box, it
returns correctly.

If I rebuild the unmanaged dll with Visual C++ 98, the web service works
correctly on both the XP box and the Win 2003 server.

Does anybody have any advice on how to get this working with Visual C++ 2003
on the server?

Thank you.