problem with nonlatin webapps on Tomcat 5

PaoloCastle

Hello everyone,
I have a little problem that I am trying to undertand and fix:
when I save the page below as testzh.html in my webapp I see correctly
chinese characters; but when I save it as testzh.jsp I see bad
symbols...
This only happen whith Tomcat5 installed on win2k SP4 (running TC on XP
SP2 I have correct chinese character in both cases).
_____testzh page_____________
<head>
<SCRIPT language="JavaScript">
var rusureMsg = "½T©w? ";
</SCRIPT>
</head>

can someone help me?

Thanks in advance,

Paolo

PaoloCastle

In the previous post I did not input the chinese characters that are
displayed... I inserted "½T©w?" instead of "確定?"....
Paolo