    Any advice and help would be appreciated a lot!

    Thank you very much in advance and greetings,

    Martin

    Martin Fuchs, Dec 30, 2003

  2. Martin Fuchs

    John W. Guest

    "Martin Fuchs" <> wrote:

    >Hello,
    >
    >I did a HTML site validating HTML 4.01.

    Another one than the one mentioned underneath?

    >The layout works alright in Internet
    >Explorer 6, Opera 7 and Netscape 6 but it does not display correctly in
    >Netscape 7 and Mozilla 1.5.
    >Spaces beetween table rows and within table cells are not correct and I dont
    >seem to find a failure in my code.
    >
    >You can find this page at:
    >http://www.graphix.at/update_consulting/test/master_start_table.html
    >
    >Any advice and help would be appreciated a lot!

    Happy New Year!

    Here comes the results of the w3.org jury:
    <http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http%3A//www.graphix.at/update_consulting/test/master_start_table.html>
    <http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/validator?uri=http%3A//www.graphix.at/update_consulting/test/master_start_table.html>

    Sorry to bring you this on the last day of the year which should begin
    nice, but reality is harsh mistress.

    John OO
    --
    <http://webcel.nl/> webshopsoftware + more

    "Time is what prevents everything from happening at once"
    - John Archibald Wheeler -

    John W., Dec 30, 2003

  3. Martin Fuchs

    Neal Guest

    "John W." <no-spam@web cel.enel> wrote in message
    > Here comes the results of the w3.org jury:

    <http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http://www.graphix.at/update_consulting
    /test/master_start_table.html>

    <http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/validator?uri=http://www.graphix.at/up
    date_consulting/test/master_start_table.html>

    > Sorry to bring you this on the last day of the year which should begin
    > nice, but reality is harsh mistress.

    Actually, almost every error is simply due to an improper doctype. Once I
    told the validator to assume 4.01 transitional, there were exactly 2
    errors - both regarding no type attribute in script tags.

    Fact is, though, repairing the doctype might solve the layout issue.

    Neal, Dec 31, 2003
  4. Martin Fuchs

    Brian Guest

    Martin Fuchs wrote:

    > I did a HTML site validating HTML 4.01. The layout works alright in
    > Internet Explorer 6, Opera 7 and Netscape 6 but it does not display
    > correctly in Netscape 7 and Mozilla 1.5.
    > Spaces beetween table rows and within table cells are not correct
    > and I dont seem to find a failure in my code.
    >
    > http://www.graphix.at/update_consulting/test/master_start_table.html

    I don't seem to find any tabular data. I do find microscopic fonts,
    though.

    > Any advice and help would be appreciated a lot!

    Don't (ab)use tables for layout. Don't specify fonts for the body of
    the document (including table, p, ul, etc.) smaller than 100%, using
    css, naturally.

    --
    Brian
    follow the directions in my address to email me

    Brian, Dec 31, 2003
  5. Martin Fuchs

    Martin Fuchs Guest

    "Neal" <> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    > Actually, almost every error is simply due to an improper doctype. Once I
    > told the validator to assume 4.01 transitional, there were exactly 2
    > errors - both regarding no type attribute in script tags.
    >
    > Fact is, though, repairing the doctype might solve the layout issue.

    Hi Neal,

    Thanks for your help. I repaired the doctype and the layout issue is solved.
    Works in NS 7 now!

    Greetings,
    Martin

    Martin Fuchs, Jan 2, 2004