Problem with NS 7 - Layout works in IE6, Opera 7 and NS 6

Martin Fuchs

Hello,

I did a HTML site validating HTML 4.01. The layout works alright in Internet
Explorer 6, Opera 7 and Netscape 6 but it does not display correctly in
Netscape 7 and Mozilla 1.5.
Spaces beetween table rows and within table cells are not correct and I dont
seem to find a failure in my code.

You can find this page at:
http://www.graphix.at/update_consulting/test/master_start_table.html

Any advice and help would be appreciated a lot!

Thank you very much in advance and greetings,

Martin

John W.

Martin Fuchs said:
Hello,

I did a HTML site validating HTML 4.01.

Another one than the one mentioned underneath?
The layout works alright in Internet
Explorer 6, Opera 7 and Netscape 6 but it does not display correctly in
Netscape 7 and Mozilla 1.5.
Spaces beetween table rows and within table cells are not correct and I dont
seem to find a failure in my code.

You can find this page at:
http://www.graphix.at/update_consulting/test/master_start_table.html

Any advice and help would be appreciated a lot!
Happy New Year!

Here comes the results of the w3.org jury:
<http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=h...pdate_consulting/test/master_start_table.html>
<http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/...pdate_consulting/test/master_start_table.html>

Sorry to bring you this on the last day of the year which should begin
nice, but reality is harsh mistress.

John OO

Neal

John W. said:
Here comes the results of the w3.org jury:
<http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http://www.graphix.at/update_consulting
/test/master_start_table.html>
<http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/validator?uri=http://www.graphix.at/up
date_consulting/test/master_start_table.html>

Sorry to bring you this on the last day of the year which should begin
nice, but reality is harsh mistress.

Actually, almost every error is simply due to an improper doctype. Once I
told the validator to assume 4.01 transitional, there were exactly 2
errors - both regarding no type attribute in script tags.

Fact is, though, repairing the doctype might solve the layout issue.

Brian

Martin said:
I did a HTML site validating HTML 4.01. The layout works alright in
Internet Explorer 6, Opera 7 and Netscape 6 but it does not display
correctly in Netscape 7 and Mozilla 1.5.
Spaces beetween table rows and within table cells are not correct
and I dont seem to find a failure in my code.

http://www.graphix.at/update_consulting/test/master_start_table.html

I don't seem to find any tabular data. I do find microscopic fonts,
though.
Any advice and help would be appreciated a lot!

Don't (ab)use tables for layout. Don't specify fonts for the body of
the document (including table, p, ul, etc.) smaller than 100%, using
css, naturally.

Martin Fuchs

Neal said:
Actually, almost every error is simply due to an improper doctype. Once I
told the validator to assume 4.01 transitional, there were exactly 2
errors - both regarding no type attribute in script tags.

Fact is, though, repairing the doctype might solve the layout issue.

Hi Neal,

Thanks for your help. I repaired the doctype and the layout issue is solved.
Works in NS 7 now!

Greetings,
Martin