Problem with objectdatasource with method with object for parameter

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by news.eternal-september.org, Feb 2, 2010.

  1. hi all,

    i have in a my page (asp.net c#) a objectdatasource in binding with my
    business object.

    I've created a method with parameter follow the example found in
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/it-it/library/system.web.ui.webcontrols.parameter.aspx

    web page have a listview control vith a DropDownList (ddl) control and a
    text box

    when i select an item of ddl this change a text value in Text control:

    1) if ojectdatasource use method without parameter the page call only
    method on ddl and return to webbrowser (text control have the new value)

    2) if ojectdatasource use method with parameters the page call the
    method of ddl, then call the Select method of object datasource and
    therefore clear the page to the original value (text control have no value)

    page, objectdatasource , listview, ddl and text control have viewstate=true

    any suggestion to resolve the problem?

    Thanks many
    news.eternal-september.org, Feb 2, 2010