Problem with Parent Expression in a DataSet

hasan.ozdil

Hi,

I have search a lot and I don't find any solution.

I use Pubs database. I drag Titles and Publishers tables on the
dataset.

I would like to add two columns in Titles :

1 - A computed column price * ytd_sales
2 - A column with the name of the publisher

1 - I use Expression << price * ytd_sales >> and everything works
fine.

2 - Here is the problem : I use the expression << Parent.pub_name >>
and it doesn't tell me any error but still blank...
I really don't understand why.
I have only one relation. I have left it with the default option.

What does I make wrong ?

Thanks