Problem with parsing SOAP security element using older namespace in WSE 2

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Services' started by kaush, Oct 18, 2005.

  1. kaush

    kaush Guest

    Hi all,

    I am implementing a web service server to accept SOAP
    messages from my client and send a SOAP response back. Actually I am
    using .NET's WSE-2 for receiving and sending SOAP messages. The message
    I get from my client has a "security" element with "username" and
    "password" fields which I got to authenticate. Actually the namespace
    associated with "security" element my client is using is
    "http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/ws/2003/06/secext". WSE-2 supports Oasis
    version of Security and namespace associated with it is
    "http://docs.oasis-open.org/wss/2004/01/oasis-200401-wss-wssecurity-secext-1.0.xsd".
    My client does not want to update their part. SO I got to get
    away with the problem. Just changing namespaces won't work. I am not
    sure how to go about this. Is anyone aware of any tool which would
    allow me to interoperate or some way using WSE-2 I could pasre the
    header element having the older namespace. Please help me out.

    Thanks,
    kaush
    kaush, Oct 18, 2005