problem with PaswordRecovery

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Security' started by Dan, Feb 12, 2007.

  1. Dan

    Dan Guest

    Hi,

    i defined a login control with PaswWordRecovery.
    I use the default aspnetdb.mdf database which is created automatically.
    I can create an user and log in.

    I tested the PasswordRecovery by entering an username, i answered the right
    question and i got the message "your password is sent to your emailaddress".
    I put my own emailaddress and the web.config contains the right
    internet-provider.

    My problem: i never receive that email. So what must i check? What can be
    the source of the problem?
    Thanks for suggestions
    Dan

    web.config
    <system.net>
    <mailSettings>
    <smtp deliveryMethod="Network" from="">
    <network host="smtp.myprovider.xy" port="25" />
    </smtp>
    </mailSettings>
    </system.net>
    Dan, Feb 12, 2007