Problem with path for mySmartUpload

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by Brossyg, Feb 5, 2008.

  1. Brossyg

    Brossyg Guest

    We have used mySmartUpload successfully for many years on our site which is
    hosted on a Vdeck 1.0 platform. This path worked perfectly:

    mySmartUpload.Save("C:\\Accounts\\proclaim\\wwwRoot\\clipartfiles\\");

    When the site moved to Vdeck 3.0, the path changed and the path is;

    nawinfs06\home\users\web\b1526\ipw.parishpublishing\proclaimsermons\clipartfiles");

    The hosting service swears there is no drive letter (which I thought
    mySmartUpload required), and tech advisors have said that this should be the
    new path statement:

    mySmartUpload.Save("\\\\nawinfs06\\home\\users\\web\\b1526\\ipw.parishpublishing\\proclaimsermons\\clipartfiles");

    however, this returns
    Unable to save file (Error 1120)

    I have tried so many versions of this that I am cross-eyed and need help. I
    do not know why it isn't working.

    Any help would be appreciated.

    Brossyg, Feb 5, 2008

  2. Brossyg

    daddywhite Guest

    you tried:

    mySmartUpload.Save (Server.MapPath("clipartfiles"))

    daddywhite, Feb 5, 2008

  3. Brossyg

    Evertjan. Guest

    daddywhite wrote on 05 feb 2008 in microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general:

    > you tried:

    [please always quote on usenet]

    > mySmartUpload.Save (Server.MapPath("clipartfiles"))

    This only works if clipartfiles is in the root tree of the ASP.

    The outer () are not needed in VBS.

    --
    Evertjan.
    The Netherlands.

    Evertjan., Feb 5, 2008
  4. Brossyg wrote on Tue, 5 Feb 2008 13:01:35 -0800:

    > We have used mySmartUpload successfully for many years on our site
    > which is hosted on a Vdeck 1.0 platform. This path worked perfectly:

    > mySmartUpload.Save("C:\\Accounts\\proclaim\\wwwRoot\\clipartfiles\\");

    > When the site moved to Vdeck 3.0, the path changed and the path is;
    >
    > clipartfiles");

    > The hosting service swears there is no drive letter (which I thought
    > mySmartUpload required), and tech advisors have said that this should
    > be the new path statement:
    >
    > parishpublishing\\proclaimsermons\\clipartfiles");

    > however, this returns
    > Unable to save file (Error 1120)

    > I have tried so many versions of this that I am cross-eyed and need
    > help. I do not know why it isn't working.

    > Any help would be appreciated.

    http://classicasp.aspfaq.com/components/why-do-i-get-80040460-errors.html

    Any chance when they moved it they didn't transfer over the user permissions
    too? The user account your site is running under may not have write
    permissions to the folder.

    --
    Dan

    Daniel Crichton, Feb 6, 2008