Problem with path for mySmartUpload

Brossyg

We have used mySmartUpload successfully for many years on our site which is
hosted on a Vdeck 1.0 platform. This path worked perfectly:

mySmartUpload.Save("C:\\Accounts\\proclaim\\wwwRoot\\clipartfiles\\");

When the site moved to Vdeck 3.0, the path changed and the path is;

nawinfs06\home\users\web\b1526\ipw.parishpublishing\proclaimsermons\clipartfiles");

The hosting service swears there is no drive letter (which I thought
mySmartUpload required), and tech advisors have said that this should be the
new path statement:

mySmartUpload.Save("\\\\nawinfs06\\home\\users\\web\\b1526\\ipw.parishpublishing\\proclaimsermons\\clipartfiles");

however, this returns
Unable to save file (Error 1120)

I have tried so many versions of this that I am cross-eyed and need help. I
do not know why it isn't working.

Any help would be appreciated.

Evertjan.

daddywhite wrote on 05 feb 2008 in microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general:
you tried:

[please always quote on usenet]

mySmartUpload.Save (Server.MapPath("clipartfiles"))

This only works if clipartfiles is in the root tree of the ASP.

The outer () are not needed in VBS.

Daniel Crichton

Brossyg wrote on Tue, 5 Feb 2008 13:01:35 -0800:
We have used mySmartUpload successfully for many years on our site
which is hosted on a Vdeck 1.0 platform. This path worked perfectly:

When the site moved to Vdeck 3.0, the path changed and the path is;

clipartfiles");
The hosting service swears there is no drive letter (which I thought
mySmartUpload required), and tech advisors have said that this should
be the new path statement:

parishpublishing\\proclaimsermons\\clipartfiles");
however, this returns
Unable to save file (Error 1120)
I have tried so many versions of this that I am cross-eyed and need
help. I do not know why it isn't working.
Any help would be appreciated.

http://classicasp.aspfaq.com/components/why-do-i-get-80040460-errors.html

Any chance when they moved it they didn't transfer over the user permissions
too? The user account your site is running under may not have write
permissions to the folder.