Problem with perl group capture.

Googy

Hi,

I am executing two regex one after one. each one contains one group
capture.

The problem I am facing is after executing first regex I am getting a
string into $1. After execting second regular expression $1 contains
result from first regex execution.

Kindly provide a solution if you have faced this kind of problem.

Thanks.

Michele Dondi

The problem I am facing is after executing first regex I am getting a
string into $1. After execting second regular expression $1 contains
result from first regex execution.

Does the second regex also contain grouping. If not, then what you're
seeing is expected. Otherwise, it's still expected, if the second
regex did not match.
Kindly provide a solution if you have faced this kind of problem.

*Which* problem? Are you perhaps forgetting to check whether the
matches succeeded at all?

Michele

Googy

The problem I am facing is after executing first regex I am getting a
string into $1. After execting second regular expression $1 contains
result from first regex execution.

Does the second regex also contain grouping. If not, then what you're
seeing is expected. Otherwise, it's still expected, if the second
regex did not match.
Kindly provide a solution if you have faced this kind of problem.

*Which* problem? Are you perhaps forgetting to check whether the
matches succeeded at all?

Michele
.'KYU;*EVH[.FHF2W+#"\Z*5TI/ER<Z`S(G.DZZ9OX0Z')=~/./g)x2,$_,

Hi Thanks, found the problem, The regex has group capture but not
matching at all.

Thanks for your reply.