problem with picturebox

ma

Hello,

I am new in .NET and I am writing my first program in c++/CLI on MSVC
2005.

I add a PictureBox to my form and then using its properties I change its
image property to one image from my hard disk. it generate the following
code for me:

this->image1->Image = (cli::safe_cast<System::Drawing::Image^
(resources->GetObject(L"image1.Image")));

but when I am running my program, it generate an exception with the error
that it couldn't find the specified objects in my resources. I checked the
resource and there is no resource with this name there.

What is wrong with this?

Best regards

Bruno van Dooren

ma said:
Hello,

I am new in .NET and I am writing my first program in c++/CLI on MSVC
2005.

I add a PictureBox to my form and then using its properties I change its
image property to one image from my hard disk. it generate the following
code for me:

this->image1->Image = (cli::safe_cast<System::Drawing::Image^

but when I am running my program, it generate an exception with the error
that it couldn't find the specified objects in my resources. I checked
the
resource and there is no resource with this name there.

What is wrong with this?

I just did the same thing: added a picture box and assigned it an image.
if you double click the resource, you can select the type of resources that
you want displayed.
if you select 'images' you should see the different images that are embedded
in the resource file.

If there is nothing there, you will get that exception.
I suggest you try to find out why it is not there. Possibly a permission
problem or something else?

btw: there is also a dedicated C++ .NET newsgroup:
public.dotnet.languages.vc

--

Kind regards,
Bruno.