problem with poi and row height

Discussion in 'Java' started by maxime_phan@hotmail.com, Oct 19, 2007.

  1. Guest

    hello everybody,
    I using POI to generate some report, and here my problem with my code:

    row.createCell((short)2);HSSFUtils.createCell(row, (short)2,
    CoordResponsable, cellStyle);
    HSSFUtils.mergeCell(sheet, 8+i, (short)2, (short)4, cellStyle,
    CoordResponsable);

    with the function:
    public static void mergeCell(HSSFSheet sheet, int iRow, short
    startCell,
    short endCell, HSSFCellStyle style, String value) {
    HSSFRow row = sheet.getRow(iRow);
    if (row==null) {
    return;
    }
    sheet.addMergedRegion(new Region(iRow, startCell, iRow, endCell));
    if (style!=null) {
    row.getCell(startCell).setCellStyle(style);
    }
    if (value!=null) {
    row.getCell(startCell).setCellValue(value);

    public static HSSFCell createCell(HSSFRow row, short iPos, String
    value, HSSFCellStyle cellStyle) {
    HSSFCell cell = row.createCell(iPos);
    cell.setCellValue(value);
    cell.setCellStyle(cellStyle);
    return cell;
    }

    in my cellstyle i have cellStyle.setWrapText(true);

    when i do :
    HSSFUtils.mergeCell(sheet, 8+i, (short)2, (short)4, cellStyle,
    CoordResponsable);

    my variable CoordResponsable is a string with many line
    but the merged cell doesn't fit the data(the data are in the cell but
    you can only see the first line and you have to click on the cell to
    see all, I would like the row's height fit automatically with the
    number of line)

    any idea?
    thanks in advance
    , Oct 19, 2007