Problem with position:relative CSS in Mac

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Cliff R., Feb 2, 2005.

  1. Cliff R.

    Cliff R. Guest

    Hi, I am testing a page that uses the "position:relative" CSS element
    to move the positioning of a few paragraphs. It's working perfectly
    in every browser except for Explorer 5.2 for Mac, where it is doing a
    few weird things with the positioning and spacing of the text. Here's
    what the CSS looks like:

    P.home1 {font-size: 10pt;
    color:#000000;
    position:relative;
    left:-75px;}

    P.home2 {font-size: 10pt;
    color:#000000;
    position:relative;
    left:-180px;}

    P.home3 {font-size: 10pt;
    color:#000000;
    position:relative;
    left:-280px;}

    You can see what the final effect looks like at this BrowserCam page,
    where I've been testing them.
    http://www.browsercam.com/public.aspx?proj_id=134009

    Mac Explorer is displayed on the left, and Opera is on the right,
    showing how the page should look. I am grateful for any help anybody
    has on why this is happening!

    Thanks.
    Cliff R., Feb 2, 2005

  2. Cliff R.

    Cliff R. Guest

    No worries -- I figured it out. I'm not sure why, but when you put
    that code in a DIV tag, it works -- it wasn't working properly in Mac
    IE when it was in a P tag.

    Thanks.
    Cliff R., Feb 2, 2005