problem with py2exe and microsoft speech SDK 5.1

Dave Lim

Hello, this is my first time in the mailing list so
bear with me.

Basically what I did was I followed this site:
http://surguy.net/articles/speechrecognition.xml

So I installed microsoft speech SDK 5.1 and then used
pythonwin COM MakePy utility for it and it worked out
fine. However, I need to compile my program into a
..exe and I have no idea how to make this work. I tried
using py2exe but I get the error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "simple-speech-recognition.py", line 57, in ?
TypeError: Error when calling the metaclass bases
cannot create 'NoneType' instances

If anybody knows a good solution to this problem I
would very much appreciate it if you can guide me to
the right path / solution.

Thank you very much!
-Dave Lim

http://mail.yahoo.com

kyosohma

Hello, this is my first time in the mailing list so
bear with me.

Basically what I did was I followed this site:http://surguy.net/articles/speechrecognition.xml

So I installed microsoft speech SDK 5.1 and then used
pythonwin COM MakePy utility for it and it worked out
fine. However, I need to compile my program into a
.exe and I have no idea how to make this work. I tried
using py2exe but I get the error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "simple-speech-recognition.py", line 57, in ?
TypeError: Error when calling the metaclass bases
cannot create 'NoneType' instances

If anybody knows a good solution to this problem I
would very much appreciate it if you can guide me to
the right path / solution.

Thank you very much!
-Dave Lim

I've never done this, but I want to at some point, so I went and
grabbed some good links on packaging up Python apps:

http://davidf.sjsoft.com/mirrors/mcmillan-inc/install1.html
http://www.pharscape.org/content/view/33/51/
http://wiki.python.org/moin/Py2Exe
http://www.py2exe.org/index.cgi/Tutorial