problem with py2exe and microsoft speech SDK 5.1

Discussion in 'Python' started by Dave Lim, May 3, 2007.

  1. Dave Lim

    Dave Lim Guest

    Hello, this is my first time in the mailing list so
    bear with me.

    Basically what I did was I followed this site:
    http://surguy.net/articles/speechrecognition.xml

    So I installed microsoft speech SDK 5.1 and then used
    pythonwin COM MakePy utility for it and it worked out
    fine. However, I need to compile my program into a
    ..exe and I have no idea how to make this work. I tried
    using py2exe but I get the error:

    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "simple-speech-recognition.py", line 57, in ?
    TypeError: Error when calling the metaclass bases
    cannot create 'NoneType' instances

    If anybody knows a good solution to this problem I
    would very much appreciate it if you can guide me to
    the right path / solution.

    Thank you very much!
    -Dave Lim

    http://mail.yahoo.com
    Dave Lim, May 3, 2007

  2. Dave Lim

    Guest

    On May 3, 1:29 pm, Dave Lim <> wrote:
    > Hello, this is my first time in the mailing list so
    > bear with me.
    >
    > Basically what I did was I followed this site:http://surguy.net/articles/speechrecognition.xml
    >
    > So I installed microsoft speech SDK 5.1 and then used
    > pythonwin COM MakePy utility for it and it worked out
    > fine. However, I need to compile my program into a
    > .exe and I have no idea how to make this work. I tried
    > using py2exe but I get the error:
    >
    > Traceback (most recent call last):
    > File "simple-speech-recognition.py", line 57, in ?
    > TypeError: Error when calling the metaclass bases
    > cannot create 'NoneType' instances
    >
    > If anybody knows a good solution to this problem I
    > would very much appreciate it if you can guide me to
    > the right path / solution.
    >
    > Thank you very much!
    > -Dave Lim

    I've never done this, but I want to at some point, so I went and
    grabbed some good links on packaging up Python apps:

    http://davidf.sjsoft.com/mirrors/mcmillan-inc/install1.html
    http://www.pharscape.org/content/view/33/51/
    http://wiki.python.org/moin/Py2Exe
    http://www.py2exe.org/index.cgi/Tutorial