problem with py2exe and microsoft speech SDK 5.1

Discussion in 'Python' started by Dave Lim, May 4, 2007.

  1. Dave Lim

    Dave Lim Guest

    site:http://surguy.net/articles/speechrecognition.xml

    >> So I installed microsoft speech SDK 5.1 and then

    used
    >> pythonwin COM MakePy utility for it and it worked

    out
    >> fine. However, I need to compile my program into a
    >> .exe and I have no idea how to make this work. I

    tried

    ?

    protection aroundhttp://mail.yahoo.com

    >I've never done this, but I want to at some point, so

    I went and

    http://peak.telecommunity.com/DevCenter/PythonEggs

    >Mike

    Thanks for the links. But I already have compiled it
    successfully into an executable my only problem is i
    still have that error. I still have the same error:

    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "simple-speech-recognition.py", line 57, in ?
    TypeError: Error when calling the metaclass bases
    cannot create 'NoneType' instances

    I used py2exe and I also added typelibs in the options
    however that didn't seem to fix my problem. Below is
    my setup.py, can anyone tell me what I'm lacking or
    doing wrong here?

    setup.py

    from distutils.core import setup
    import py2exe

    setup(options = {"py2exe": {"typelibs":
    [('{C866CA3A-32F7-11D2-9602-00C04F8EE628}',0,5,0)]}},
    console = ["simple.py"])

    Dave

    http://mail.yahoo.com
    Dave Lim, May 4, 2007

  2. Dave Lim

    Guest

    Hi Dave,

    I can't help you but maybe you'll have more luck if you try also the
    dedicated py2exe mailing list:

    francois

    , May 6, 2007