Problem with Python Server Pages (PSP)

barun.saha04

Hi,

I am facing a very basic problem with PSP. I have installed mod_python
(in fedora Core 1), added the lines required for loading Python
modules and handling PSP pages. I have created a hello.psp page. But
when I try to view this hello.psp page, all Python code are getting
displayed.

The said page is stored at /var/www/html/psp/hello.psp. I guess this
is some configuration problem with Apache, but not able to figure out
the exact problem. I have tried putting those configuration lines for
psp in both httpd.conf and python.conf files. But still it is not
working.

The Python module (mod_python) is getting loaded. Because when I
telnet to my server, I can find that in the headers.

These are the versions of the softwares:
Apache: 2.0.47
Python: 2.2.3
mod_python: 3.0.3

Thnaks for all your suggestions.

Graham Dumpleton

[...]

What is the Apache configuration snippet you are using to enable
mod_python and PSP file handling?

Graham

barun.saha04

What is the Apache configuration snippet you are using to enable
mod_python and PSP file handling?

Graham- Hide quoted text -

Hi Graham,

The configuration used in httpd.conf file looks like:
<Directory /var/www/html/psp>
AddHandler .psp .psp_
PythonHandler modules/python
PythonDebug On
</Directory>

Sebastian \lunar\ Wiesner

Hi,

I am facing a very basic problem with PSP. I have installed mod_python
(in fedora Core 1), added the lines required for loading Python
modules and handling PSP pages. I have created a hello.psp page. But
when I try to view this hello.psp page, all Python code are getting
displayed.

Not directly related to this issue, but I wouldn't start developing with
PSP. Modern web development is better done with a WSGI compatible
framework like Django ...

barun.saha04

Not directly related to this issue, but I wouldn't start developing with
PSP. Modern web development is better done with a WSGI compatible
framework like Django ...

Thanks to all. But can someone suggest me what the possible cause/
solution for this behaviour could be?