Problem with python threads

Discussion in 'Python' started by Ravi Mamidipaka, Apr 8, 2004.

  1. Hi all,
    I am running a python cgi which inturn calls
    a python thread.
    This python thread executes some commands and sends an
    email to the
    admin.
    I am facing a strange problem, in the cgi
    script when I set
    the python
    thread to run as Daemon, then it does not send the
    email, but when I
    donot set the thread as daemon, it does send the
    email.
    Can somebody help me as to this behaviour ?

    I am running the cgi and python scripts on linux. The
    only problem I
    can see is that the email module is present in
    python2.3 and I have
    python 2.3 installed at /usr/local/lib/python2.3 and
    also have
    python1.5 installed at /usr/lib/python1.5.

    Is this the problem for such behaviour? Is there a way
    to fix ? Could
    somebody help me out please?

    Thank you in advance.

    Ravi.