problem with PythonCard -> wxPython -> _core.py -> class point -> __getitem__

Discussion in 'Python' started by It's me, Feb 22, 2005.

  1. It's me

    It's me Guest

    I've built a Python application using PythonCard 1.9 and Python 2.3 running
    under Windows XP. Everything works except that when I use the keyboard
    instead of the mouse to do certain operations in a data entry field (like
    Shift-Home), the
    program stops at line 1014 of wx-2.5.3-msw.ansi\wx\_core.py.

    def __getitem__(self, index):
    try:
    x = self.Get()[index]
    except IndexError:
    raise IndexError, "tuple index %d out of range of %d"
    %(index,len(self.Get()))
    return x

    I downloaded the current version of wxPython (2.5.3.1) and tried again.
    Same problem except that they've removed the exception handler and simply go
    with:

    def __getitem__(self, index): return self.Get()[index]

    at line 1012. The debugging shows that someone is calling this routine
    repeatedly with index greater then the left of self.Get(). That's the best
    I can do.

    Any help?

    (I can report to the wxPython list if nobody knows how to get around this)

    Thanks,

    It's me, Feb 22, 2005