Problem with Quartus and HI-Z signal

Discussion in 'VHDL' started by nicx82, Dec 9, 2009.

  1. nicx82

    nicx82

    Joined:
    Nov 5, 2008
    Messages:
    9
    Hello,
    i have an entity with 38 bidirectional lines. I have a process that initialize a temporary signal to Z (so i have 38 Z):
    temp<=ZZZZZZZ

    When a control signal goes to '1' this temporary signal is filled with 1 or 0 in precise positions (not all 38) so i have this 38 lines signal with some 0, some 1 and others line with Z. eg;

    temp<=ZZ1Z01Z......

    After filling the temp signal, this temp signal is copied to bidirectional lines:

    IO<=temp

    but if i simulate the .vho file from Quartus in my Active project the line that must be Z (high impedance) are 0 or 1 and the others lines are correct.

    I think that there is an option settings in quartus for internal signal that takes Z value but i'm not sure.

    Please help me. Thanks
    Nick

    nicx82, Dec 9, 2009