Problem with Rational Quantify

Achava Nakhash, the Loving Snake

I just had Rational PurifyPlus installed on my PC (running Windows XP)
and would like to use the Rational Quantify part of it to profile a
piece of code that I was given. We all use Microsoft Visual C++ 2005
around here, and Quantify is supposed to integrate with the IDE. When
I try to run Quantify without using the IDE, I get an error message
tat !Qmvrt.dll cannot be found, although I had no trouble finding it
with a bunch of other dll's in a file whose name ended /cache. It did
not help to re-install. I seem to be able to run it from withing the
IDE, but the Quantify toolbar is unavailable, so I don't know how to
analyze the results. I have never seen this tool before and the
documentation available seems pretty limited.

Any ideas about what to do, anyone?

Thanks,
Achava

Victor Bazarov

Achava said:
I just had Rational PurifyPlus installed on my PC (running Windows XP)
and would like to use the Rational Quantify part of it to profile a
piece of code that I was given. We all use Microsoft Visual C++ 2005
around here, and Quantify is supposed to integrate with the IDE. [..]

We don't. In fact, it's conceivable that MS products are in minority
here. And so are MS OSes. So, not only any question about them off-
topic because it's specific to a particular product or platform, it's
also beyond the area of interest to many.
Any ideas about what to do, anyone?

Post to a relevant newsgroup, please.

James Kanze

I just had Rational PurifyPlus installed on my PC (running Windows XP)
and would like to use the Rational Quantify part of it to profile a
piece of code that I was given. We all use Microsoft Visual C++ 2005
around here, and Quantify is supposed to integrate with the IDE. When
I try to run Quantify without using the IDE, I get an error message
tat !Qmvrt.dll cannot be found, although I had no trouble finding it
with a bunch of other dll's in a file whose name ended /cache. It did
not help to re-install. I seem to be able to run it from withing the
IDE, but the Quantify toolbar is unavailable, so I don't know how to
analyze the results. I have never seen this tool before and the
documentation available seems pretty limited.
Any ideas about what to do, anyone?

Contact IBM support. That's what you paid for.

Ron Natalie

James said:
Contact IBM support. That's what you paid for.
You can try, at least. I'm about to pull the plug on
every piece of Rational shit here. The product line has
gone into the toilet since IBM bought them.

Their latest fun and games is closing out major bugs in
support for the 64-bit windows by stating they do not ever
intend to fix the product for these platforms.