    national characters in cell phone.

    thans for your help.
    Jack
    Jacek Stepniewski, Nov 29, 2003

  2. Jacek Stepniewski wrote:

    > I would like to display on the cell phone my regional characters (polish
    > characters). The best way to do this is to use entity, but the mobile
    > control do HtmlEncode and converts "&" sign to "&amp". For example:
    >
    > - if i do lblTest.Text = "&#x104", the resoult is: Ą
    >
    > So this way is wrong. Is there any way using moblie controls to display
    > national characters in cell phone.

    Label.Text doesn't take HTML so that way it can't work. However you can
    encode your pages as UTF-8 and then simply set the Text to the right
    character. At least that would work with HTML, I don't know about cell
    phones/mobile controls.
    --

    Martin Honnen
    http://JavaScript.FAQTs.com/
    Martin Honnen, Nov 29, 2003

  3. > Jacek Stepniewski wrote:

    > > I would like to display on the cell phone my regional characters (polish
    > > characters). The best way to do this is to use entity, but the mobile
    > > control do HtmlEncode and converts "&" sign to "&amp". For example:
    > >
    > > - if i do lblTest.Text = "&#x104", the resoult is: Ą
    > >
    > > So this way is wrong. Is there any way using moblie controls to display
    > > national characters in cell phone.

    > Label.Text doesn't take HTML so that way it can't work. However you can
    > encode your pages as UTF-8 and then simply set the Text to the right
    > character. At least that would work with HTML, I don't know about cell
    > phones/mobile controls.

    It's the problem, that this simple method with UTF-8 doesn't work...

    Any more ideas?

    Jack
    Jacek Stepniewski, Nov 29, 2003