Problem with ReportingService.Credentials - Syste.Net.WebException - "The request failed with HTTP s

Shree

While invoking the web service from client, I am setting the
credentitals using the following code...

ReportingService.Credentials =
System.Net.CredentialCache.DefaultCredentials;

But in debugger when I check the properties - 'domain', 'user name' and
'password' set in the ReportingService.Credentials; they are blank!!!

The exception thrown is Syste.Net.WebException and the description is
"{"The request failed with HTTP status 401: Unauthorized."}"

Exception details are as followed:

System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException was caught
Message="Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation."
Source="mscorlib"
StackTrace:
at System.RuntimeMethodHandle._InvokeMethodFast(Object target,
Object[] arguments, SignatureStruct& sig, MethodAttributes
methodAttributes, RuntimeTypeHandle typeOwner)
at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethodFast(Object target,
Object[] arguments, Signature sig, MethodAttributes methodAttributes,
RuntimeTypeHandle typeOwner)
at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj,
BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters,
CultureInfo culture, Boolean skipVisibilityChecks)
at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj,
BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters,
CultureInfo culture)
at System.Reflection.MethodBase.Invoke(Object obj, Object[]
parameters)
at JobService.RunJobs()

I am new to web services.

Has anyone faced the similer problem before?
Please help!!

TIA