Problem with ReportViewer at deploy

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Controls' started by sir_mircea, Mar 1, 2007.

  1. sir_mircea

    sir_mircea Guest

    Hi,

    I have a page that is using a ReportViewer control. When the page is
    accessed from the uncompiled version it works witout problems but when the
    page is accessed from the precompiled version from deploy (publish web site
    or setup) I recieve the folowing exception:

    Compiler Error Message: CS0030: Cannot convert type 'ASP.report_aspx' to
    'Microsoft.Reporting.WebForms.Report'

    Source Error:

    Line 118: public report_aspx() {
    Line 119: string[] dependencies;
    Line 120: ((Report)(this)).AppRelativeVirtualPath =
    "~/Report.aspx";
    Line 121: if ((global::ASP.report_aspx.@__initialized == false))
    {
    Line 122: dependencies = new string[1];

    Source File: c:\WINNT\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Temporary ASP.NET
    Files\wfmaintenanceconfiguration2006precompiled\5700de50\111dba67\App_Web_re
    port.aspx.cdcab7d2.eijhuujb.0.cs Line: 120

    Maybe someone have an ideea what is going on and how can I solve this
    problem.

    Thank you.
    sir_mircea, Mar 1, 2007

  2. On Nov 22 2007, 5:21 pm, "vinod kumar"<> wrote:
    > Hi,Try placing the reportViewercontrol in the user control (ascx page) and
    > load that on to your aspx page.This solved this issue.
    >
    > url:http://www.ureader.com/msg/14253464.aspx

    Hi,

    I faced the same problem and tried using the user control as you said
    And it is working fine in the uncompiled version ...

    But, gives the same error in the compiled version !!

    Any suggestions ?

    Thanks in advance
    General Afify, Jan 7, 2008