problem with ReportViewer.LocalReport.LoadReportDefinition() method

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Controls' started by rave, Jun 28, 2007.

  1. rave

    rave Guest

    Hi ,

    i have used a techinque, in my case on the button click i have to
    generate a report definition and load it using
    LocalReport.LoadReportDefinition method.
    for the first time it is giving the report correctly, it is giving
    the same report even if the report definition changes (some of the
    columns were removed)

    i am stuckup with this, please help me.

    code goes like this

    rpvPrint.LocalReport.DataSources.Clear();

    rpvPrint.LocalReport.Dispose();

    StringReader sr = new StringReader(xd.OuterXml);

    rpvPrint.LocalReport.LoadReportDefinition(sr);

    sr.Close();

    ReportParameter[] rp = new ReportParameter[1];

    rp[0] = new ReportParameter("Heading", "Hi ---This Is Test Heading");

    rpvPrint.LocalReport.SetParameters(rp);

    ReportDataSource rds = new ReportDataSource("DataSet2", dt);

    rpvPrint.LocalReport.DataSources.Add(rds);

    rpvPrint.LocalReport.Refresh();

    thanks in advance
    rave, Jun 28, 2007