Problem With ReportViewer Object

Discussion in 'Java' started by ajso via JavaKB.com, Sep 29, 2005.

  1. Hello,
    i have a problem eith the class mencioned in above ( ReportViewer.class) that
    i've downloaded and puted in my aplication GUI.

    Aparently everything is ok, just in the moment that i try to use that object.

    the code that i used is:

    void jButton1_mouseClicked(MouseEvent e) {
    try{
    ReportViewer b = new ReportViewer();
    b.setReportName("http://localhost:8080/?report=file:c:
    /SAMPLE_REPORTS/BalanceSheet.rpt");

    b.setShowGroupTree(false);
    b.init();

    }catch(Exception e1){

    the error that appears is:

    java.lang.IncompatibleClassChangeError: Implementing class

    can anybody help me ???

    ajso via JavaKB.com, Sep 29, 2005

  2. ajso via JavaKB.com

    Oliver Wong Guest

    "ajso via JavaKB.com" <u14411@uwe> wrote in message
    > Hello,
    > i have a problem eith the class mencioned in above ( ReportViewer.class)
    > that
    > i've downloaded and puted in my aplication GUI.
    >
    > Aparently everything is ok, just in the moment that i try to use that
    > object.
    >
    > the code that i used is:
    >
    > void jButton1_mouseClicked(MouseEvent e) {
    > try{
    > ReportViewer b = new ReportViewer();
    > b.setReportName("http://localhost:8080/?report=file:c:
    > /SAMPLE_REPORTS/BalanceSheet.rpt");
    >
    > b.setShowGroupTree(false);
    > b.init();
    >
    > }catch(Exception e1){

    > the error that appears is:
    >
    > java.lang.IncompatibleClassChangeError: Implementing class

    > at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(ClassLoader.java:537)
    >

    > can anybody help me ???

    There are a couple of problems with the above code.

    1) It doesn't compile (there's a missing closing bracket, there's a
    method floating around not inside a class, there's no importing of the
    ReportViewer class or MouseEvent class, etc.)
    2) It contains a try which catches all exceptions and silently ignores
    them.
    3) If this is the ClassLoader.java file, it isn't 537 lines long, so we
    don't know where the error is being thrown. If it isn't the ClassLoader.java
    file, then we're not looking at where the error is being thrown.
    Alternatively, you didn't post the full stack trace, further misleading us.

    To resolve this, you might want to post an SSCCE:
    http://www.physci.org/codes/sscce.jsp

    - Oliver

    Oliver Wong, Sep 29, 2005

  3. Dear Oliver,
    Thanks for respond...The problem it isn't the compilation..The program
    compiles and run's...So the problem isn't the missing closing bracket...
    because i've puted just a litle part of the code...

    concerning to the catch...the problem is that the problem crash before that...

    it crashes when run's the line:

    com.seagatesoftware.img.ReportViewer.ReportViewer b = new

    ajso via JavaKB.com, Sep 29, 2005
  4. ajso via JavaKB.com

    > Dear Oliver,
    > Thanks for respond...The problem it isn't the compilation..The program
    > compiles and run's...So the problem isn't the missing closing bracket...
    > because i've puted just a litle part of the code...
    >
    > concerning to the catch...the problem is that the problem crash before
    > that...
    >
    > it crashes when run's the line:
    >
    > com.seagatesoftware.img.ReportViewer.ReportViewer b = new
    > ReportViewer();
    > b.setReportName("http://localhost:8080/?report=file:c:
    > /SAMPLE_REPORTS/BalanceSheet.rpt");
    > b.setShowGroupTree(false);
    > b.init();

    You say it crashes when it runs a specific line, but then you post 4
    lines, so there's a contradiction here.

    Oliver Wong, Sep 29, 2005