Problem With ReportViewer Object

ajso via JavaKB.com

Hello,
i have a problem eith the class mencioned in above ( ReportViewer.class) that
i've downloaded and puted in my aplication GUI.

Aparently everything is ok, just in the moment that i try to use that object.

the code that i used is:

void jButton1_mouseClicked(MouseEvent e) {
try{
ReportViewer b = new ReportViewer();
b.setReportName("http://localhost:8080/?report=file:c:
/SAMPLE_REPORTS/BalanceSheet.rpt");

b.setShowGroupTree(false);
b.init();

}catch(Exception e1){

the error that appears is:

java.lang.IncompatibleClassChangeError: Implementing class

can anybody help me ???

Oliver Wong

ajso via JavaKB.com said:
Hello,
i have a problem eith the class mencioned in above ( ReportViewer.class)
that
i've downloaded and puted in my aplication GUI.

Aparently everything is ok, just in the moment that i try to use that
object.

the code that i used is:

void jButton1_mouseClicked(MouseEvent e) {
try{
ReportViewer b = new ReportViewer();
b.setReportName("http://localhost:8080/?report=file:c:
/SAMPLE_REPORTS/BalanceSheet.rpt");

b.setShowGroupTree(false);
b.init();

}catch(Exception e1){

the error that appears is:

java.lang.IncompatibleClassChangeError: Implementing class

can anybody help me ???

There are a couple of problems with the above code.

1) It doesn't compile (there's a missing closing bracket, there's a
method floating around not inside a class, there's no importing of the
ReportViewer class or MouseEvent class, etc.)
2) It contains a try which catches all exceptions and silently ignores
them.
3) If this is the ClassLoader.java file, it isn't 537 lines long, so we
don't know where the error is being thrown. If it isn't the ClassLoader.java
file, then we're not looking at where the error is being thrown.
Alternatively, you didn't post the full stack trace, further misleading us.

To resolve this, you might want to post an SSCCE:
http://www.physci.org/codes/sscce.jsp

- Oliver

ajso via JavaKB.com

Dear Oliver,
Thanks for respond...The problem it isn't the compilation..The program
compiles and run's...So the problem isn't the missing closing bracket...
because i've puted just a litle part of the code...

concerning to the catch...the problem is that the problem crash before that...

it crashes when run's the line:

com.seagatesoftware.img.ReportViewer.ReportViewer b = new

Oliver said:
Hello,
i have a problem eith the class mencioned in above ( ReportViewer.class)
[quoted text clipped - 29 lines]
can anybody help me ???

There are a couple of problems with the above code.

1) It doesn't compile (there's a missing closing bracket, there's a
method floating around not inside a class, there's no importing of the
ReportViewer class or MouseEvent class, etc.)
2) It contains a try which catches all exceptions and silently ignores
them.
3) If this is the ClassLoader.java file, it isn't 537 lines long, so we
don't know where the error is being thrown. If it isn't the ClassLoader.java
file, then we're not looking at where the error is being thrown.
Alternatively, you didn't post the full stack trace, further misleading us.

To resolve this, you might want to post an SSCCE:
http://www.physci.org/codes/sscce.jsp

- Oliver

Oliver Wong

ajso via JavaKB.com said:
Dear Oliver,
Thanks for respond...The problem it isn't the compilation..The program
compiles and run's...So the problem isn't the missing closing bracket...
because i've puted just a litle part of the code...

concerning to the catch...the problem is that the problem crash before
that...

it crashes when run's the line:

com.seagatesoftware.img.ReportViewer.ReportViewer b = new
ReportViewer();
b.setReportName("http://localhost:8080/?report=file:c:
/SAMPLE_REPORTS/BalanceSheet.rpt");
b.setShowGroupTree(false);
b.init();

You say it crashes when it runs a specific line, but then you post 4
lines, so there's a contradiction here.