Problem with RMI in Linux

pepegan

I'm a newbie in the RMI programation.
I downloaded the sample code in Java tutorial in java.sun.com and
tried to compiled it. First, I compiled the interface class and was
going to compile the stub and skeleton. However, after typing "rmic -d
.. engine.ComputeEngine" the following exception appeared:

ComputeEngine_Stub.java:40: error:Syntax error: found '{'
java.lang.Exception: exited with errorcode 1
at java.lang.Throwable.fillInStackTrace(Throwable.java:native)
at java.lang.Throwable.<init>(Throwable.java:38)
at java.lang.Exception.<init>(Exception.java:24)
at kaffe.tools.compiler.Compiler_kjc.compile(Compiler_kjc.java:53) at
kaffe.rmi.rmic.RMIC.compile(RMIC.java:828)
at kaffe.rmi.rmic.RMIC.processClass(RMIC.java:91) at
kaffe.rmi.rmic.RMIC.run(RMIC.java:74) at
kaffe.rmi.rmic.RMIC.main(RMIC.java:53)

I'm working with the lastest version of jdk for Linux.
Can you help me please??????

DaiIchi

[...]

Try abandoning Kaffe, and download the latest Sun JDK from
java.sun.com.

Linux Redhat distros (and others) come with the Kaffe Java binaries.
when I was developing apps for Jini, I used to have tons of problems
with Kaffe, so I installed the Sun JDK and made all the "java" apps
under bin be links to the Java JDK. All problems with extended
packages go away.

Cheers

pepegan

Thanks a lot!!!!!!!