port in the PC during a sending operation and it sends the wrong
Data: "F.o.o. .D.a.t.a." for "Foo Data to send"

I am using Visual Studio 2005 on the PC side and developing with C++.

Have you had the same problem once?

thanks

Zara

Hello,

I am developing a serial-communication application for a pocket-PC and
a PC.

I am trying to make a serial-port connection via Bluetooth. All goes
well: Bluetooth connection and COM ports starting at both sides.

The problem is by sending Data via the COM port.
For example whenn I send: "Foo Data to send". I receive at the other
side: "F.o.o. .D.a.t.a." where the "." Are 0s (ascii) (cheked in
debuging).

The bug is in the COM port communication because I minitored the COM
port in the PC during a sending operation and it sends the wrong
Data: "F.o.o. .D.a.t.a." for "Foo Data to send"

I am using Visual Studio 2005 on the PC side and developing with C++.

Have you had the same problem once?

thanks

This is pretty specifical to the compiler and operating system you are
using.

(BTW: Try to send non-Unicode strings)

?

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Erik_Wikstr=F6m?=

Data: "F.o.o. .D.a.t.a." for "Foo Data to send"

I am using Visual Studio 2005 on the PC side and developing with C++.

Have you had the same problem once?

And your C++ question is? This kind of question is probably better
answered in a group for windows system programming, try one in the
microsoft.public.* hierarchy.

FabioAng

Hello,

I am developing a serial-communication application for a pocket-PC and
a PC.

I am trying to make a serial-port connection via Bluetooth. All goes
well: Bluetooth connection and COM ports starting at both sides.

The problem is by sending Data via the COM port.
For example whenn I send: "Foo Data to send". I receive at the other
side: "F.o.o. .D.a.t.a." where the "." Are 0s (ascii) (cheked in
debuging).
Are your compiling in Unicode ? In other words are you sending char or
wchar_t ?

Fabio

j.aloussi

Hello,

Are your compiling in Unicode ? In other words are you sending char or
wchar_t ?

Fabio

Yes I am compiling with Unicode(Windows CE doesn't support
Multibyte!).

I solve the problem using W2A in the Pocket-PC with unicode and
Multibytechar in the PC application.

thanks for your help