    port in the PC during a sending operation and it sends the wrong
    Data: "F.o.o. .D.a.t.a." for "Foo Data to send"

    I am using Visual Studio 2005 on the PC side and developing with C++.

    Have you had the same problem once?

    thanks

    , Jul 5, 2007

  2. Zara Guest

    [OT] Re: Problem with rs232

    On Thu, 05 Jul 2007 03:01:35 -0700, wrote:

    >Hello,
    >
    >I am developing a serial-communication application for a pocket-PC and
    >a PC.
    >
    >I am trying to make a serial-port connection via Bluetooth. All goes
    >well: Bluetooth connection and COM ports starting at both sides.
    >
    >The problem is by sending Data via the COM port.
    >For example whenn I send: "Foo Data to send". I receive at the other
    >side: "F.o.o. .D.a.t.a." where the "." Are 0s (ascii) (cheked in
    >debuging).
    >
    >The bug is in the COM port communication because I minitored the COM
    >port in the PC during a sending operation and it sends the wrong
    >Data: "F.o.o. .D.a.t.a." for "Foo Data to send"
    >
    >I am using Visual Studio 2005 on the PC side and developing with C++.
    >
    >Have you had the same problem once?
    >
    >thanks

    This is pretty specifical to the compiler and operating system you are
    using.

    (BTW: Try to send non-Unicode strings)

    Zara, Jul 5, 2007

  3. On 2007-07-05 12:01, wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > I am developing a serial-communication application for a pocket-PC and
    > a PC.
    >
    > I am trying to make a serial-port connection via Bluetooth. All goes
    > well: Bluetooth connection and COM ports starting at both sides.
    >
    > The problem is by sending Data via the COM port.
    > For example whenn I send: "Foo Data to send". I receive at the other
    > side: "F.o.o. .D.a.t.a." where the "." Are 0s (ascii) (cheked in
    > debuging).
    >
    > The bug is in the COM port communication because I minitored the COM
    > port in the PC during a sending operation and it sends the wrong
    > Data: "F.o.o. .D.a.t.a." for "Foo Data to send"
    >
    > I am using Visual Studio 2005 on the PC side and developing with C++.
    >
    > Have you had the same problem once?

    And your C++ question is? This kind of question is probably better
    answered in a group for windows system programming, try one in the
    microsoft.public.* hierarchy.

    --
    Erik Wikström

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Erik_Wikstr=F6m?=, Jul 5, 2007
  4. FabioAng Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > Hello,
    >
    > I am developing a serial-communication application for a pocket-PC and
    > a PC.
    >
    > I am trying to make a serial-port connection via Bluetooth. All goes
    > well: Bluetooth connection and COM ports starting at both sides.
    >
    > The problem is by sending Data via the COM port.
    > For example whenn I send: "Foo Data to send". I receive at the other
    > side: "F.o.o. .D.a.t.a." where the "." Are 0s (ascii) (cheked in
    > debuging).

    Are your compiling in Unicode ? In other words are you sending char or
    wchar_t ?

    Fabio

    FabioAng, Jul 5, 2007

    On 5 Jul., 14:40, "FabioAng" <> wrote:
    > <> wrote in message
    >
    > news:...> Hello,
    >
    > > I am developing a serial-communication application for a pocket-PC and
    > > a PC.

    > > I am trying to make a serial-port connection via Bluetooth. All goes
    > > well: Bluetooth connection and COM ports starting at both sides.

    > > The problem is by sending Data via the COM port.
    > > For example whenn I send: "Foo Data to send". I receive at the other
    > > side: "F.o.o. .D.a.t.a." where the "." Are 0s (ascii) (cheked in
    > > debuging).

    > Are your compiling in Unicode ? In other words are you sending char or
    > wchar_t ?
    >
    > Fabio

    Yes I am compiling with Unicode(Windows CE doesn't support
    Multibyte!).

    I solve the problem using W2A in the Pocket-PC with unicode and
    Multibytechar in the PC application.

    thanks for your help

    , Jul 5, 2007