problem with SetAuthCookie

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Security' started by Pascal.Landry, Mar 3, 2005.

  1. I have a web application that authenticate users and give them access to all
    other web applications of the company.

    They first get access to default.aspx wich ask them for a user name and a
    password. It then authenticate them via a SQL Server, create a authentication
    cookie and then create a list of applications they have access.

    This list is made of simple <a> tags and open new browsers so that visitors
    don't need to relogin all the time.

    All <a> tags leed to another page named LoadApp.aspx witch create a token
    and then redirect the response to the application the user asked for with the
    token in parameters.

    Child applications then read the token, check if it is ok and delete it if
    it is correct and create a authentication cookie for the child application.

    When I access my general application by localhost, all the process is
    working but if I access it from http://machinename/application I can only get
    one application.
    I can authenticate on the primary application, I get the list and I can
    access the first application that I select from the list. But when I try to
    click on a second one, the page that shows the new browser is default.aspx of
    the primary application with a ReturnURL argument as if I was not
    authenticated.

    Is that clear ? Anyone have a hint about it ?

    Thanks !

    Pascal.Landry, Mar 3, 2005