Event ID: 11722
Date: 19/02/2004
Time: 13:40:01
User: N/A
Computer: HIT01
Product: Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 -- Device Update 4.0 -- Error 1722.There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A program run as part of the setup did not finish as expected. Contact your support personnel or package vendor. Action CA_MergeConfig2, location: C:\WINNT\Installer\MSI5438.tmp, command: C:\WINNT\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\Config\machine.config

Stefan Krueger [MVP]

This indicates that a custom action called CA_MergeConfig2 in that package
failed. I can't tell why it failed because I don't know what that custom
action is supposed to do and how it is written. Only the author will know.
So your best bet is to contact the author of the package (Microsoft?) and
ask for help.
Did you search the Microsoft knowledge base?

--
Stefan Krueger
Microsoft Windows Installer MVP

Please post your questions in the newsgroup or vist one of these web sites:

Windows Installer FAQ
http://www.msifaq.com - http://www.msifaq.de

InstallSite - Resources for Setup Developers
http://www.installsite.org
http://www.installsite.de (GERMAN)

Hi Can somebody help me with this.
I'm getting this error when I try to install Device Update 4.0 what I need
for my Exchange 2003 Upgrade.

Event Type: Error
Event Source: MsiInstaller
Event Category: None
Event ID: 11722
Date: 19/02/2004
Time: 13:40:01
User: N/A
Computer: HIT01
Product: Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 -- Device Update 4.0 -- Error
1722.There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A program run
as part of the setup did not finish as expected. Contact your support
personnel or package vendor. Action CA_MergeConfig2, location:
C:\WINNT\Installer\MSI5438.tmp, command:
C:\WINNT\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\Config\machine.config

Filip Heens

Yep searched the KB but didn't find anything...
I'll try to search again but this time I'll search for CA_MergeConfig2....

Filip Heens

No avail, :-(
nothing in the KB or on the internet concerning CA_MergeConfig2
anybody else has an idea?

F.