problem with signed xercesImpl.jar

sean

Hi All,

We're using Xerces 2.5.0 and have run into a problem with signing
xercesImpl.jar.
The original xercesImpl.jar (as downloaded from the apache site)
contains a directory META-INF/services/, which contains various config.
files.

When we sign all our jars for our application (using the Ant signjar
task),
the META-INF/services/ directory in xercesImpl.jar is lost.
This causes a SAXNotRecognizedException to be thrown when
I am configuring the parser for schema validation:

private static final String JAXP_SCHEMA_LANGUAGE =
"http://java.sun.com/xml/jaxp/properties/schemaLanguage";;
private static final String W3C_XML_SCHEMA =
"http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema";;

saxParser.setProperty(JAXP_SCHEMA_LANGUAGE, W3C_XML_SCHEMA);
^^^^^^

The code works fine when running with the original unsigned
xercesImpl.jar.
Anyone have any ideas on how to get the jar signing process to preserve
the META-INF/services/ directory or some other cunning workaround?

Thanks,
Sean