problem with signed xercesImpl.jar

Discussion in 'Java' started by sean, Oct 14, 2003.

  1. sean

    sean Guest

    Hi All,

    We're using Xerces 2.5.0 and have run into a problem with signing
    xercesImpl.jar.
    The original xercesImpl.jar (as downloaded from the apache site)
    contains a directory META-INF/services/, which contains various config.
    files.

    When we sign all our jars for our application (using the Ant signjar
    task),
    the META-INF/services/ directory in xercesImpl.jar is lost.
    This causes a SAXNotRecognizedException to be thrown when
    I am configuring the parser for schema validation:

    private static final String JAXP_SCHEMA_LANGUAGE =
    "http://java.sun.com/xml/jaxp/properties/schemaLanguage";;
    private static final String W3C_XML_SCHEMA =
    "http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema";;

    saxParser.setProperty(JAXP_SCHEMA_LANGUAGE, W3C_XML_SCHEMA);
    ^^^^^^

    The code works fine when running with the original unsigned
    xercesImpl.jar.
    Anyone have any ideas on how to get the jar signing process to preserve
    the META-INF/services/ directory or some other cunning workaround?

    Thanks,
    Sean

    sean, Oct 14, 2003