Problem with simple JXTA app

Discussion in 'Java' started by Garry, Apr 5, 2004.

  1. Garry

    Garry Guest

    Hi,
    I've got what must be the simplest JXTA program in the world, but it
    does not seem to work. It compiles fine, and does not complain of
    missing classes, but when I run it, it brings up the JXTA
    configuration window, then I get:

    Cannot init peer group newNetPeerGroup failed :
    net.jxta.exception.PeerGroupException: Could not load group
    implementation

    the line that throws the exception is:

    netPeerGroup = PeerGroupFactory.newNetPeerGroup();

    which was copied right out of a book, what gives?

    Any pointers, tips, etc. much appreciated.

    Cheers

    Garry

    Garry, Apr 5, 2004