Problem with simple JXTA app

Garry

Hi,
I've got what must be the simplest JXTA program in the world, but it
does not seem to work. It compiles fine, and does not complain of
missing classes, but when I run it, it brings up the JXTA
configuration window, then I get:

Cannot init peer group newNetPeerGroup failed :
net.jxta.exception.PeerGroupException: Could not load group
implementation

the line that throws the exception is:

netPeerGroup = PeerGroupFactory.newNetPeerGroup();

which was copied right out of a book, what gives?

Any pointers, tips, etc. much appreciated.

Cheers

Garry