Problem with solution_name.dll not being created in /bin directory

Jon Ballinger

This is a problem that has recently sprung up. Basically when I build
(or rebuild) my solution, dot.net dev studio will go through the
motions, and appear to create everything, but there will be no
solution_name.dll file created in the /bin directory.

This means that the site does not up date, and it won't even recreate it
when the file is removed.

Does anyone have any ideas because this is very crippling.

Thanks,

Jon Ballinger

Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\)

Check and make sure you do not have any config file issues or compile
errors. Most of the coding errors that cause this type of FUBAR are very
subtle. Running through a debug will often help.

What version of Visual Studio? The 2003 version seems to be less prone to
doing this, as it catches more things.

--
Gregory A. Beamer
MVP; MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA

Think Outside the Box!

Jon Ballinger

Cowboy said:
Check and make sure you do not have any config file issues or compile
errors. Most of the coding errors that cause this type of FUBAR are very
subtle. Running through a debug will often help.

What version of Visual Studio? The 2003 version seems to be less prone to
doing this, as it catches more things.

I will look into the 2003 version, using the one before it unfortunately.

I'm not sure how it fixed it, but I deleted the app.dll file and it
didn't rebuild it, so I copied across the local copy of it, and from
that point on, it's been updating correctly.