Problem with Struts Validator

Discussion in 'Java' started by kevarouza@hotmail.com, May 12, 2005.

  1. Guest

    Can't seem to get the Struts Validator to load. I'm getting the
    following error at Startup. Using Struts 1.2 and Tomcat 3.2.

    [ERROR] Digester - Parse Error at line 56 column 68: Element type
    "plug-in" must be declared. <org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: Element
    type "plug-in" must be declared.>org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: Element
    type "plug-in" must be declared.

    my struts-config.xml file looks like this:

    <!DOCTYPE struts-config PUBLIC
    "-//Apache Software Foundation//DTD Struts Configuration 1.0//EN"
    "http://jakarta.apache.org/struts/dtds/struts-config_1_2.dtd">

    <struts-config>
    ....other stuff...

    <plug-in className="org.apache.struts.validator.ValidatorPlugIn">
    <set-property property="pathnames"
    value="/WEB-INF/validator-rules.xml, /WEB-INF/validation.xml"/>
    </plug-in>

    </struts-config>

    I looked at the referenced DTD and it does define the "plug-in" element
    but for some reason the parser is not validating the XML against the
    specified DTD but rather something else. Any ideas on what could be
    wrong?

    Thanks,
    Kevin

    , May 12, 2005