Problem with TCP Channel already registred .net remoting (.net 1.0, IIS)

Martijn Damen

Hi,

At the moment I am trying to develop an application that uses another app
over .net remoting and having some problems with it (ok, that is ofcourse
why I am here), hope somebody can shine a light on the following:

I have been given a sample winforms app, which works without problem, I can
connect, send queries and become response from the other application.

When I try to implement this in webforms, this unfortunately does not work.

What I do in my index.aspx.cs is this:

RemotingConfiguration.Configure(Server.MapPath("Web.config"));
connection = new Connection();
}

Where Connection() is a part of included references, which are especially
made to connect to the server application

In my web.config I added following configuration:

<system.runtime.remoting>

<application>

<lifetime leaseTime="24H" sponsorshipTimeout="30S" renewOnCallTime="60H"
leaseManagerPollTime="1H" />
<client url="tcp://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:1234" displayName="some.Session">
<activated type="some.name.Connection, some.Core" />
<activated type="some.name.Connection, some.Index" />
</client>
<client url="tcp://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:1234/someWorkflowServer">
<activated type="some.name.Connection, some.Workflow"/>
</client>
<channels>
<channel ref="tcp client" />
</channels>
</application>
</system.runtime.remoting>

When I try to make the connection my local installed webserver gives me
following error time after time:

-------------------------------------

Remoting configuration failed with the exception
System.Runtime.Remoting.RemotingException: The channel tcp is already
registered. at
System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.ChannelServices.RegisterChannelInternal(ICh
annel chnl) at
System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.ChannelServices.RegisterChannel(IChannel
chnl) at
System.Runtime.Remoting.RemotingConfigHandler.ConfigureChannels(RemotingXmlC
onfigFileData configData) at
System.Runtime.Remoting.RemotingConfigHandler.ConfigureRemoting(RemotingXmlC
onfigFileData configData).

Exception Details: System.Runtime.Remoting.RemotingException: Remoting
configuration failed with the exception
System.Runtime.Remoting.RemotingException: The channel tcp is already
registered. at
System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.ChannelServices.RegisterChannelInternal(ICh
annel chnl) at
System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.ChannelServices.RegisterChannel(IChannel
chnl) atv
System.Runtime.Remoting.RemotingConfigHandler.ConfigureChannels(RemotingXmlC
onfigFileData configData) at
System.Runtime.Remoting.RemotingConfigHandler.ConfigureRemoting(RemotingXmlC
onfigFileData configData).

Source Error:

Line 47:
Line 48:
RemotingConfiguration.Configure(Server.MapPath("Web.config"));
Line 49: connection = new Connection();
Line 50: }

Source File: d:\www\index.aspx.cs Line: 48

Stack Trace:

[RemotingException: Remoting configuration failed with the exception
System.Runtime.Remoting.RemotingException: The channel tcp is already
registered.
at
System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.ChannelServices.RegisterChannelInternal(ICh
annel chnl)
at
System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.ChannelServices.RegisterChannel(IChannel
chnl)
at
System.Runtime.Remoting.RemotingConfigHandler.ConfigureChannels(RemotingXmlC
onfigFileData configData)
at
System.Runtime.Remoting.RemotingConfigHandler.ConfigureRemoting(RemotingXmlC
onfigFileData configData).]

System.Runtime.Remoting.RemotingConfigHandler.ConfigureRemoting(RemotingXmlC
onfigFileData configData) +401
System.Runtime.Remoting.RemotingConfiguration.Configure(String filename)
+30
test.WebForm1.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) in
d:\www\index.aspx.cs:48
System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive()
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain()

----

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:1.0.3705.0; ASP.NET
Version:1.0.3705.0

Does anybody have experience with this?
Thanks a lot in advance!

Cheers, Gruesse from Nuernberg, Germany