Problem with TCP Channel already registred .net remoting (.net 1.0, IIS)

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Martijn Damen, Jun 16, 2004.

  1. Hi,

    At the moment I am trying to develop an application that uses another app
    over .net remoting and having some problems with it (ok, that is ofcourse
    why I am here), hope somebody can shine a light on the following:

    I have been given a sample winforms app, which works without problem, I can
    connect, send queries and become response from the other application.

    When I try to implement this in webforms, this unfortunately does not work.

    What I do in my index.aspx.cs is this:

    RemotingConfiguration.Configure(Server.MapPath("Web.config"));
    connection = new Connection();
    }

    Where Connection() is a part of included references, which are especially
    made to connect to the server application

    In my web.config I added following configuration:

    <system.runtime.remoting>

    <application>

    <lifetime leaseTime="24H" sponsorshipTimeout="30S" renewOnCallTime="60H"
    leaseManagerPollTime="1H" />
    <client url="tcp://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:1234" displayName="some.Session">
    <activated type="some.name.Connection, some.Core" />
    <activated type="some.name.Connection, some.Index" />
    </client>
    <client url="tcp://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:1234/someWorkflowServer">
    <activated type="some.name.Connection, some.Workflow"/>
    </client>
    <channels>
    <channel ref="tcp client" />
    </channels>
    </application>
    </system.runtime.remoting>

    When I try to make the connection my local installed webserver gives me
    following error time after time:

    -------------------------------------

    Remoting configuration failed with the exception
    System.Runtime.Remoting.RemotingException: The channel tcp is already
    registered. at
    System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.ChannelServices.RegisterChannelInternal(ICh
    annel chnl) at
    System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.ChannelServices.RegisterChannel(IChannel
    chnl) at
    System.Runtime.Remoting.RemotingConfigHandler.ConfigureChannels(RemotingXmlC
    onfigFileData configData) at
    System.Runtime.Remoting.RemotingConfigHandler.ConfigureRemoting(RemotingXmlC
    onfigFileData configData).

    Exception Details: System.Runtime.Remoting.RemotingException: Remoting
    configuration failed with the exception
    System.Runtime.Remoting.RemotingException: The channel tcp is already
    registered. at
    System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.ChannelServices.RegisterChannelInternal(ICh
    annel chnl) at
    System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.ChannelServices.RegisterChannel(IChannel
    chnl) atv
    System.Runtime.Remoting.RemotingConfigHandler.ConfigureChannels(RemotingXmlC
    onfigFileData configData) at
    System.Runtime.Remoting.RemotingConfigHandler.ConfigureRemoting(RemotingXmlC
    onfigFileData configData).

    Source Error:

    Line 47:
    Line 48:
    RemotingConfiguration.Configure(Server.MapPath("Web.config"));
    Line 49: connection = new Connection();
    Line 50: }

    Source File: d:\www\index.aspx.cs Line: 48

    Stack Trace:

    [RemotingException: Remoting configuration failed with the exception
    System.Runtime.Remoting.RemotingException: The channel tcp is already
    registered.
    at
    System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.ChannelServices.RegisterChannelInternal(ICh
    annel chnl)
    at
    System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.ChannelServices.RegisterChannel(IChannel
    chnl)
    at
    System.Runtime.Remoting.RemotingConfigHandler.ConfigureChannels(RemotingXmlC
    onfigFileData configData)
    at
    System.Runtime.Remoting.RemotingConfigHandler.ConfigureRemoting(RemotingXmlC
    onfigFileData configData).]

    System.Runtime.Remoting.RemotingConfigHandler.ConfigureRemoting(RemotingXmlC
    onfigFileData configData) +401
    System.Runtime.Remoting.RemotingConfiguration.Configure(String filename)
    +30
    test.WebForm1.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) in
    d:\www\index.aspx.cs:48
    System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
    System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive()
    System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain()

    ----

    Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:1.0.3705.0; ASP.NET
    Version:1.0.3705.0

    Does anybody have experience with this?
    Thanks a lot in advance!

    Cheers, Gruesse from Nuernberg, Germany