Problem with texture of UI

stacey

Hello everyone,

I have the following problem.
I am making a java application, and i have several call to Matlab
functions.
Maybe you dont know it, but in Matlab 7.3 there is a java compiler so
you can make java code out of Matlab code.

When i call those functions, the texture of the buttons and everything
messes up. It dissapears!
E.g. The buttons before the call have a sort of texture.., after the
call , ther are just simple square shapes, like if you take a pencil
and draw them yourselves.

This happens in jRadioButtons as well, and in pop up messages. In pop
up messages the letter lose their boldness..
I can print screen them if you want.

I haven't got any clue why this is happening.
I haven't touched the look&Feel.

Any suggestions/ideas??

Thank you very much.

Stavroula

Larry Barowski

stacey said:
Hello everyone,

I have the following problem.
I am making a java application, and i have several call to Matlab
functions.
Maybe you dont know it, but in Matlab 7.3 there is a java compiler so
you can make java code out of Matlab code.

When i call those functions, the texture of the buttons and everything
messes up. It dissapears!
E.g. The buttons before the call have a sort of texture.., after the
call , ther are just simple square shapes, like if you take a pencil
and draw them yourselves.

This happens in jRadioButtons as well, and in pop up messages. In pop
up messages the letter lose their boldness..
I can print screen them if you want.

I haven't got any clue why this is happening.
I haven't touched the look&Feel.

Any suggestions/ideas??

For a start, you could print out UIManager.getLookAndFeel() to
see if the Matlab code is changing it. I would suspect that some
static initializer is setting a "Matlab Look & Feel".

stacey

All the buttons are updated apart from the letters in pop ups, as
mentioned above.

What do you mean " What interface am i using to access Matlab from
Java??"

I am doing the following procedure:
1) I write a function in matlab code and i use the matlab javabuilder
to compile it and make it into a java package wich contains this
function, with a specific API.
2) Then insert the package into my java application and i create an
instance of the class and i call its method which is the function i
wrote. if i want to pass numeric arguments, i have to declare them in
type: MWNumericArray.
Thats it. actually.

I dont use any L&F coommands.. as far as i know. I dont know what
matlab does, i have no tutorial for Java builder. I have asked in
matlab groups, but havent got any answer.

Thank you again,

Stavroula

Larry Barowski

stacey said:
I am doing the following procedure:
1) I write a function in matlab code and i use the matlab javabuilder
to compile it and make it into a java package wich contains this
function, with a specific API.
2) Then insert the package into my java application and i create an
instance of the class and i call its method which is the function i
wrote. if i want to pass numeric arguments, i have to declare them in
type: MWNumericArray.
Thats it. actually.

I dont use any L&F coommands.. as far as i know. I dont know what
matlab does, i have no tutorial for Java builder. I have asked in
matlab groups, but havent got any answer.

I can't find anything about Look&Feel in their online docs.
Since it seems they are using the system L&F, you could
just call a Matlab method before you create any interface
and stick with that, until you find a better solution. At least
that way you won't have components with different L&Fs
mixed up in your application.