Problem with the AzMan RoleManager

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Security' started by Stefan, Jan 4, 2006.

  1. Stefan

    Stefan Guest

    Hello!
    I´m using windowsauthentication in my asp.net 2.0 website. I have some
    problems using the rolemanager. I´m using the AuthorizationStoreRoleProvider
    to perform "role checks" against active directory (win 2000).
    A part of the problem, I think, is that the User.Identity.Name is like
    <domain>\<user> and I think that is what is used when checking roles, but it
    only works for me if I only supply the <user> when checking a role.

    Some output :
    ?user.Identity.Name
    "myDomain\Steve"
    ?user.IsInRole("myRole")
    False
    ?roles.IsUserInRole("Steve", "myRole")
    True
    ?roles.IsUserInRole("myDomain\Steve", "myRole")
    False
    ?context.User.Identity.IsAuthenticated
    True
    ?context.User.Identity.AuthenticationType
    "NTLM"
    ?context.User
    {System.Web.Security.RolePrincipal}
    System.Web.Security.RolePrincipal: {System.Web.Security.RolePrincipal}
    Identity: {System.Security.Principal.WindowsIdentity}

    A problem here is that I´m using securitytrimming so that the user only
    see´s links to pages which they have access to and this does not work becuase
    of this. What can I do about this? Can i change something in my configuration
    or can I change some property in active directory or something.
    What is even more strange is that some of the roles I have assigned to
    account groups like 2 weeks ago now have started to work (also
    user.IsInRole("Role1") works), but when creating new roles they don´t work. I
    created some roles and groups 3 days ago and they still dowsn´t work.

    Thanks In Advance
    / Stefan
    Stefan, Jan 4, 2006