Problem with the Java Access Bridge and the screenreader JAWS

Discussion in 'Java' started by Markus Lemcke, Apr 27, 2013.

  1. Hello,

    I have to make a java software accessible.
    I found following instruction to setup the java access bridge:
    http://docs.oracle.com/javase/accessbridge/2.0.2/setup.htm#installing-jab-32-bit
    http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/documentation/setup-139055.html
    http://docs.oracle.com/cd/B28359_01/install.111/b32006/jbridge.htm

    This one works:
    https://www.ssbbartgroup.com/blog/2...ow-comes-bundled-with-the-java-access-bridge/

    on windows 7 the screenreader NVDA reads my testsoftware devloped with swing components and the screenreader Jaws
    doesn't read it! I don't know why?

    on vmware windows xp with JRE 6.x I don't know how to setup the java access bridge.
    No screenreader can read my software!

    can you help me please.
    I need it for a customer.

    Greetings

    Markus Lemcke
    Markus Lemcke, Apr 27, 2013

  2. Markus Lemcke

    Jeff Higgins Guest

    Jeff Higgins, Apr 28, 2013

  3. Am Sonntag, 28. April 2013 01:12:37 UTC+2 schrieb Jeff Higgins:
    > On 04/27/2013 05:14 PM, Markus Lemcke wrote:
    >
    > > Hello,

    > > I have to make a java software accessible.

    > Rather than this general Java programming group
    >
    > I would suggest other more specialized forums.
    >

    > http://www.oracle.com/us/corporate/accessibility/index.html
    >
    > http://www.freedomscientific.com/jaws-hq.asp
    >
    > http://www.openoffice.org/ui/accessibility/
    >
    > https://forums.oracle.com/forums/forum.jspa?forumID=952

    Thank you for the Good Links!
    Markus Lemcke, Apr 29, 2013
  4. Markus Lemcke

    Roedy Green Guest

    On Sat, 27 Apr 2013 14:14:49 -0700 (PDT), Markus Lemcke
    <> wrote, quoted or indirectly quoted
    someone who said :

    >on windows 7 the screenreader NVDA reads my testsoftware devloped with swing components and the screenreader Jaws
    >doesn't read it! I don't know why?
    >
    >on vmware windows xp with JRE 6.x I don't know how to setup the java access bridge.
    >No screenreader can read my software!

    My guess is Java has been getting faster at screen writing by going at
    the hardware at a lower and lower and more platform specific way.

    There may be some system properties to ask it to back off. You might
    try installing a more vanilla system video driver.

    Another thing to try -- Ensure directx is up to date everywhere.

    These are all just longshots.
    Nothing is so good as it seems beforehand.
    ~ George Eliot (born: 1819-11-22 died: 1880-12-22 at age: 61) (Mary Ann Evans)
    Roedy Green, May 7, 2013