Problem with the use of colon (:)

Joined
Aug 12, 2008
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Hi everyone,
I'm working on a project where we parse and create Xml messages with C language by making use of mxml libraries.I need to create an Xml file,and this Xml file contains nodes with various names.One of the nodes has the name "dm:note" or "rpid:activities",but I cannot declare such a node,compiler gives syntax error.I suppose the problem is related with the use of colon ':' but I have no idea about what to do.Actually my problem is a beginner-level one,I hope you can help me figure it out.

Note:I attached the Xml file I'm trying to build to give you an idea.

void createNewXML ()
{

/*Necessary node declarations*/

mxml_node_t *xml;
mxml_node_t *presence;
mxml_node_t *tuple;
mxml_node_t *status;
mxml_node_t *basic;
mxml_node_t *dm:person;
mxml_node_t *rpid:activities;

Attachments

  • offline.zip
    347 bytes · Views: 114
Last edited:
Joined
Aug 12, 2008
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Ok I figured it out by myself,good thing for a beginner. = )

I conditioned myself such that the variable's name must be rpid:activities.However we need the name of the node structure to be rpid:activities,which is a char type.So I declared my node as rpid_activities and set it's name as rpid:activities.

Done! :veryprou: