Problem with tkinter

rolf peter

Hello Friends,

i installed the new Python 2.3 tarball but have a little (or big) problem.

When testing turtle.py i get the following message.
I am using Linux SUSE 8.2, Tk ist installed as version 8.4

../configure, make and make install work fine ....

Python 2.3 (#2, Nov 11 2003, 17:40:46)
[GCC 3.3 20030226 (prerelease) (SuSE Linux)] on linux2
but:

ropebu@z3pc47:/usr/local/lib/python2.3/lib-tk> python turtle.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "turtle.py", line 4, in ?
import Tkinter
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.3/lib-tk/Tkinter.py", line 38, in ?
import _tkinter # If this fails your Python may not be configured for Tk
ImportError: No module named _tkinter

So the questions is: how to configure python to use Tk.

Greeting from Karlsruhe

Jan S. Voges

Hi!

So the questions is: how to configure python to use Tk.

IIRC the package "tcl-devel" isn't installed by default, but nessesary
before compiling python.

hth
Jan

rolf peter

Thank You,

that was it after installing the package tcl-devel it works.

Do i have to modify the Modules/Setup - i did.

Rolf