Problem with tkinter

Discussion in 'Python' started by rolf peter, Nov 12, 2003.

  1. rolf peter

    rolf peter Guest

    Hello Friends,

    i installed the new Python 2.3 tarball but have a little (or big) problem.

    When testing turtle.py i get the following message.
    I am using Linux SUSE 8.2, Tk ist installed as version 8.4

    ../configure, make and make install work fine ....

    Python 2.3 (#2, Nov 11 2003, 17:40:46)
    [GCC 3.3 20030226 (prerelease) (SuSE Linux)] on linux2

    but:

    ropebu@z3pc47:/usr/local/lib/python2.3/lib-tk> python turtle.py
    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "turtle.py", line 4, in ?
    import Tkinter
    File "/usr/local/lib/python2.3/lib-tk/Tkinter.py", line 38, in ?
    import _tkinter # If this fails your Python may not be configured for Tk
    ImportError: No module named _tkinter

    So the questions is: how to configure python to use Tk.

    Greeting from Karlsruhe
    rolf peter, Nov 12, 2003

  2. rolf peter

    Jan S. Voges Guest

    Hi!

    (rolf peter) wrote:

    >So the questions is: how to configure python to use Tk.

    IIRC the package "tcl-devel" isn't installed by default, but nessesary
    before compiling python.

    hth
    Jan
    Jan S. Voges, Nov 12, 2003

  3. rolf peter

    rolf peter Guest

    Thank You,

    that was it after installing the package tcl-devel it works.

    Do i have to modify the Modules/Setup - i did.

    Rolf

    rolf peter, Nov 13, 2003