    Any ideas are highly appreciated.

    Thanks in advance,
    Yuri

    Yuri Lapitsky, Jan 19, 2010

  2. Yuri Lapitsky

    Roger Pack Guest

    > require 'mechanize'
    > in the file then
    > AMQP.start do
    > does not get blocked on this line. Everything just stops working after
    > putting require for mechanize.

    it blocks within the call to require 'mechanize'?
    you could use tracer to see where it is at.
    You could also try beanstalk as a messaging queue.
    -r

    Roger Pack, Jan 19, 2010

  3. On Jan 20, 1:16 am, Roger Pack <> wrote:
    > >                require 'mechanize'
    > > in the file then
    > >                 AMQP.start do
    > > does not get blocked on this line. Everything just stops working after
    > > putting require for mechanize.

    > it blocks within the call to require 'mechanize'?
    > you could use tracer to see where it is at.
    > You could also try beanstalk as a messaging queue.
    > -r

    It does not block and this is the problem.
    I have something like this:

    AMQP.start do
    log("Creating message queue object")
    amq = MQ.new
    log("...started")
    amq.queue(QUEUES[queue_name]).subscribe { <some processing here> }
    end

    Everything works ok until I just add require 'mechanize' in the first
    line of the file. I do not see "Creating message queue object" message

    Yuri Lapitsky, Jan 20, 2010