Problem with transparancy in background-GIF of table cell

Erik van Duijn

Hi

does anyone know what I might be doing wrong (or can confirm that I am
confonted with a short coming of the IE-browser???):

When I put in a GIF-image with transparancy as a background image of a table
cell, the page-background image does not "shine through" the transparant
parts of this GIF-image (instead, only a solid black color can be seen)

Anyone?

Erik
Holland
**************************************
To send me an email, please remove "WIPETHISSTRING" from my email-adress
**************************************

Denise

--

Is the background of the table set to black? That would do it.

What graphics program are you using - are you sure that you're creating your
transparent .gifs correctly?

Denise

Erik van Duijn

Hi Denise

in answer to your suggestion that I might be creating my transparant GIF's
incorrectly:

when I put the same transparant GIF in a table cell as a normal image (thus
not as a background image) and at the same time set the background of the
cell to some color (say "red"), the red color does shine through the
transparant parts of the GIF-image, IMHO proving that I did make the
transparant GIF correctly.

But when I use this same transparant GIF as a background image of the cell,
I don't see the page background color (as one would expect)

Any suggestion?

Thanks in advance
Erik
Holland

**************************************
To send me an email, please remove "WIPETHISSTRING" from my email-adress
**************************************

Weyoun the Dancing Borg

Erik van Duijn said:
Hi Denise

in answer to your suggestion that I might be creating my transparant GIF's
incorrectly:

when I put the same transparant GIF in a table cell as a normal image (thus
not as a background image) and at the same time set the background of the
cell to some color (say "red"), the red color does shine through the
transparant parts of the GIF-image, IMHO proving that I did make the
transparant GIF correctly.

But when I use this same transparant GIF as a background image of the cell,
I don't see the page background color (as one would expect)

Any suggestion?

Individual cell backgrounds aren't always supported by all browsers and in
this case it seems your browser will show a gif, just not a transparent one
for some reason. Do you have a link to the website?