    **************************************
    To send me an email, please remove "WIPETHISSTRING" from my email-adress
    **************************************

    Erik van Duijn, Jan 25, 2004

  2. Erik van Duijn

    Denise Guest

    "Erik van Duijn" <> wrote in message
    news:40144318$0$41760$...
    > Hi
    >
    > does anyone know what I might be doing wrong (or can confirm that I am
    > confonted with a short coming of the IE-browser???):
    >
    > When I put in a GIF-image with transparancy as a background image of a

    table
    > cell, the page-background image does not "shine through" the transparant
    > parts of this GIF-image (instead, only a solid black color can be seen)
    >
    > Anyone?
    >
    > Erik
    > Holland
    > --

    Is the background of the table set to black? That would do it.

    What graphics program are you using - are you sure that you're creating your
    transparent .gifs correctly?

    Denise

    Denise, Jan 25, 2004

  3. Hi Denise

    in answer to your suggestion that I might be creating my transparant GIF's
    incorrectly:

    when I put the same transparant GIF in a table cell as a normal image (thus
    not as a background image) and at the same time set the background of the
    cell to some color (say "red"), the red color does shine through the
    transparant parts of the GIF-image, IMHO proving that I did make the
    transparant GIF correctly.

    But when I use this same transparant GIF as a background image of the cell,
    I don't see the page background color (as one would expect)

    Any suggestion?

    Thanks in advance
    Erik
    Holland

    **************************************
    To send me an email, please remove "WIPETHISSTRING" from my email-adress
    **************************************

    Erik van Duijn, Jan 26, 2004
  4. "Erik van Duijn" <> wrote in message
    > Hi Denise
    >
    > in answer to your suggestion that I might be creating my transparant GIF's
    > incorrectly:
    >
    > when I put the same transparant GIF in a table cell as a normal image

    (thus
    > not as a background image) and at the same time set the background of the
    > cell to some color (say "red"), the red color does shine through the
    > transparant parts of the GIF-image, IMHO proving that I did make the
    > transparant GIF correctly.
    >
    > But when I use this same transparant GIF as a background image of the

    cell,
    > I don't see the page background color (as one would expect)
    >
    > Any suggestion?

    Individual cell backgrounds aren't always supported by all browsers and in
    this case it seems your browser will show a gif, just not a transparent one
    for some reason. Do you have a link to the website?

    Weyoun the Dancing Borg, Jan 27, 2004