Problem with Typed Datasets and Web Services

Sparky

Hi,

I am trying to use a typed dataset with a web service and am having problems
with type casting errors.

I have a typed dataset which is in both my web service and my consuming
application.

When I try to pass the typed dataset back to the consuming application from
the web service through a web service function call, I get a "Specified Cast
is Invalid" error in the consuming application. (The code in the web service
executes fine).

I have tried doing a direct cast in the consuming application to convert the
typed dataset from the web service specifica dataset to the one the
application will accept, but that is what gives me the Specified cast is
invalid error.

The datatypes are identical, but I beleive that the way they are referenced
in both the application and the web service are different hence the typecast
error.

Can someone please tell me how I might get the web servcie to return a typed
dataset that is the same cast as the consuming applications typed dataset so
that i can pass my data back from the web servcie to the consuming
application.

Regards

Rodney Lane.