Problem with URL Re-Writing and 404 errors

Spondishy

I have done some simple url rewriting where I take a page, for example
page1.aspx and re-write to page.aspx?id=1.

This works fine on my local machine, but I'm getting the dreaded 404 -
page not found message when I upload to my host.

I have a site with another host and it works with their setup, so it
suggests maybe an IIS problem (maybe) rather than code.

Has anyone else encountered problems with page not found and
url-rewriting?

Thanks.