Problem with using PowerPoint 2003 ins ASP.NET

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Marc Eggenberger, Jul 14, 2003.

  1. Hi there.

    I have an webapp (asp.net) which should use powerpoint to create a
    presentation and then send that presentation to the user.

    I'm using VS2003 and Office2003 (project req.).

    The webapp runs find but when I try to open powerpoint in my asp.net
    code I get an error

    COM object with CLSID {91493441-5A91-11CF-8700-00AA0060263B} is either
    not valid or not registered.

    The Code is at end.
    The code runs fine with an Windowsapp.
    I have set the Copy Local in the References of the dll's to true so the
    Interop dll's are there.

    What am I doing wrong here?

    code:

    try
    {
    //Oeffne PowerPoint
    PowerPoint.Application objApp;
    PowerPoint.Presentations objPresSet;
    PowerPoint._Presentation objPres;
    PowerPoint.Slides objSlides;
    PowerPoint._Slide objSlide;
    PowerPoint.TextRange objTextRng;
    Graph.Chart objChartPP;

    //Wegen Bug Q320369

    System.Threading.Thread.CurrentThread.CurrentCulture =
    System.Globalization.CultureInfo.CreateSpecificCulture("en-US");

    objApp = new PowerPoint.Application();
    objApp.Visible =
    Microsoft.Office.Core.MsoTriState.msoTrue;
    objPresSet = objApp.Presentations;
    objPres = objPresSet.Open(".\\Vorlagen
    \\pp1.ppt", Microsoft.Office.Core.MsoTriState.msoFalse,
    Microsoft.Office.Core.MsoTriState.msoTrue,
    Microsoft.Office.Core.MsoTriState.msoTrue);
    objSlides = objPres.Slides;

    }
    catch(Exception fehler)
    {
    System.Diagnostics.Debug.WriteLine("Fehler:
    " + fehler.Message);
    mfg
    Marc Eggenberger
    Marc Eggenberger, Jul 14, 2003