    to communicate in MASTER mode.
    Thanks
    Paolo

    Paolino, Aug 5, 2005

  2. Paolino

    jan V Guest

    > So, i need to know if exist a way to distinguish this type of port from
    > the other "normal" serial port and from the virtual serial port to use
    > to communicate in MASTER mode.

    How do you access those "serial ports"? The answer to your question will
    depend heavily on the answer to my question....

    jan V, Aug 5, 2005

  3. On 5 Aug 2005 02:55:31 -0700, Paolino wrote:

    > I have this problem:

    What a coincidence! Someone posting over on c.l.j.help
    seems to have the exact same problem! Why don't you tune
    into that thread for answers?
    <http://groups.google.com.au/group/comp.lang.java.help/browse_frm/thread/23662e2a74bb4909/ffe1dcf8763d4842#ffe1dcf8763d4842>

    And please read these links..
    <http://www.physci.org/codes/javafaq.jsp#xpost>
    <http://www.physci.org/codes/javafaq.jsp#usenet>

    --
    Andrew Thompson
    Presented in BC [Brain Control] Where Available

    Andrew Thompson, Aug 5, 2005
  4. Paolino

    Paolino Guest

    I am sorry Andrew,
    but my problem it's very important for me and i absolutlely need to
    resolve it.
    In this case, al little cross.posting is necessary.
    Sorry again
    Paolo

    Paolino, Aug 5, 2005
  5. Paolino

    Paolino Guest

    I use serial ports using javax.comm package.
    I open a port, i get an outputStrem over it and i write on the
    outputStream.
    Thanks

    Paolo

    Paolino, Aug 5, 2005
  6. On 5 Aug 2005 05:18:48 -0700, Paolino wrote:

    > I am sorry Andrew,

    Apologies are worth nothing to me.

    > but my problem it's very important for me

    You? Let us just stress, this is *your* problem.
    *You* have come to these groups for help.

    >..and i absolutlely need to resolve it.

    You care about that, but we don't have to, and beyond
    a casual interest in the tchnical problem, I think that
    you will generally find that people do *not* care.

    To get an answer from people like that, you need
    to entice them into it. Multi-posting across a
    series of groups is not the way to do that.

    > In this case, al little cross.posting

    You did not read the links that I gave, did you?

    One of the courtesies of Usenet is listenning carefully
    to the answers you get. And you apparently have not
    even been polite enough to do that!

    >..is necessary.

    No it is not! Not to any other member of this community.

    Further, it is decreasing your chance of getting an answer.
    <http://groups.google.com.au/group/comp.lang.java.help/browse_frm/thread/23662e2a74bb4909/ffe1dcf8763d4842>

    --
    Andrew Thompson
    Hey TiVo! Suggest *This*!

    Andrew Thompson, Aug 5, 2005
  7. Paolino

    Paolino Guest

    Ok, Andrew

    i understand the problem and i understand my mistake.
    I hope that my mistake and your replies to my posts will be able to
    help other people that, without malice like me, could commit the same
    error.
    Thanks
    Paolo

    Paolino, Aug 5, 2005
  8. Paolino wrote:

    > Ok, Andrew
    >
    > i understand the problem and i understand my mistake.
    > I hope that my mistake and your replies to my posts will be able to
    > help other people that, without malice like me, could commit the same
    > error.
    > Thanks
    > Paolo

    Hi Paolo,

    may be it is not your mistake only, but also a mistake/restriction of
    google.groups which you use for posting.

    Apparently google.groups doesn't offer cross-posting (writing one
    message, and posting it to several groups simultaneously). Therefore
    people --including you-- tend to multi-posting (writing several equal
    messages, and posting each of them to another single group), when they
    have an urgent question.

    I wish more people would use conventional news-clients (like Mozilla,
    Outlook, Opera, 40tude, ... ...) instead of this annoying google.groups
    thing. :-(

    --
    "Thomas:Fritsch$ops:de".replace(':','.').replace('$','@')

    Thomas Fritsch, Aug 5, 2005
  9. On Fri, 05 Aug 2005 14:43:55 GMT, Thomas Fritsch wrote:
    > Apparently google.groups doesn't offer cross-posting (writing one
    > message, and posting it to several groups simultaneously).

    I had been wonderring that for a while. This document[1]
    suggests otherwise[2].

    [1]
    <http://groups-beta.google.com/support/bin/static.py?page=glossary.html>
    "cross-post vi Cross-posting allows you to post a message
    simultaneously to several forums , as opposed to posting
    it repeatedly (once to each forum), causing people to see
    it multiple times (considered to be bad form). Cross-posting
    should include a "Follow-up To" line that directs responses
    to a single follow-up forum. Doing so prevents follow-up
    messages from being directed to the wrong forums when only
    one part of the original message is being responded to."

    [2] To their (minor) credit.

    > I wish more people would use conventional news-clients (like Mozilla,
    > Outlook, Opera, 40tude, ... ...) instead of this annoying google.groups
    > thing. :-(

    So do I, but..

    a) Not all people have access to the Usenet Newsgroups
    through a news client. Some people are limited to access
    via via school/college, internet cafe, ..the local library.
    Others with a private connection might have an inferior
    ISP that offers no news server, and are not savvy enough
    to go searching for free-access news servers (which seem
    to pop up and disappear on a regular basis).

    b) People who post using news clients are not immune to
    causing problems either. Let us not forget it is the
    operator, rather than the interface, that causes *most*
    problems.

    --
    Andrew Thompson
    Hey TiVo! Suggest *This*!