Problem with Visual Studio Solution

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Services' started by Paul, Jul 16, 2004.

  1. Paul

    Paul Guest

    Hi,

    We have a problem with visual studio not being able to resolve the
    virtual directory that a web service is associated with.

    A brief overview is

    1. Create the Web Service project and build the service everything is
    fine

    2. Add everything into sourcesafe

    3. On the build machine open the build solution that has multiple
    projects in

    4. Add the new web service project to the solution and rebuild
    everything. Works ok

    5. Close down the solution. The next time it is opened it cannot open
    the web service project because the source code location does match
    the location the virtual directory is pointing at.

    If we remove the project from the solution and readd it the problem
    goes away.

    Can anyone help?

    Paul, Jul 16, 2004