Problem with waveform and ...

Amit

Hello group,

I'm using Quartus 6.1 currently and alway having problem with its
waveform! first I was getting some glitches in it then I realized
that's because of the dealy characteristic of gates and ...

But now I have a simple half-adder which its waveform is totally
driving me nuts. when x and y (inputs) are zero the sum is 0 but
carry_out is 1 !!!!!

another issue is I need to create half-adder also a half-subtractor
and then based on those two must create a full-adder and full-
subtractor. I named the top-level as fas (full-adder/subtracor) so
when I compiled the half-adder it did start complaining so I changed
the top-level name to half-adder so it went fine.

The problem is now that I have coded the half-subtractor and
generating its waveform it keeps creating waveform for half-adder and
ignores creating waveform for half-subtracor. Anyway I'm having a good
time with this Quratus .... !

so I will appreciate it if somebody could let me know where I have
gone wrong.

Thanks
Amit

Shannon

[...]

Wow. Ok Amit...you're all over the place. Slow down and post one
problem at a time. Show us your code and we'll do our best to make
sense of it. Right now all I can say is that it's clear you problem
is on line 42.

Shannon

Amit

Wow. Ok Amit...you're all over the place. Slow down and post one
problem at a time. Show us your code and we'll do our best to make
sense of it. Right now all I can say is that it's clear you problem
is on line 42.

Shannon- Hide quoted text -

That's OK. I learned my lesson I had to use the same name for top-
level design as the entity name.

Thanks.