Problem with web.config, asp.net 2.0, IIS 6.0 and Sharepoint

Leszek Gruszka

Hello!

I have a server, that contains Sharepoint Portal Server, IIS 6.0 with
..NET Framework 2.0 installed.
I created new web application and I set it's compatibility to .NET 2.0.
When I'm trying to access page from this webapplication folder, i get
error "An error occurred loading a configuration file: Access to the
path 'd:\inetpub\wwwroot\web.config' is denied". But my application is
in folder named "Test", so it should be
d:\inetpub\wwwroot\test\web.config.

How can I resolve this problem?

Guest

Leszek Gruszka said:
When I'm trying to access page from this webapplication folder, i get
error "An error occurred loading a configuration file: Access to the
path 'd:\inetpub\wwwroot\web.config' is denied". But my application is
in folder named "Test", so it should be
d:\inetpub\wwwroot\test\web.config.

Sounds like the folder is not configured as an application. Using the
Internet Services Manager snap in, drill down to the Test folder, right-click
and select properties. On the directory tab, click the create button under
application settings.

Juan T. Llibre

You can't run Sharepoint applications and "regular"
ASP.NET 2.0 apps as part of the same application.

Sharepoint demands exclusive use of the root application.
Have you tried to create a new application for your "test" app ?