Problem with web page containing Updatepanel & Script manager while including master page

Valli

Hi,

I want to include a master page( .master) to my web page.
My web page contains Updatepanel & Script manager tools in it.
Is there any pblm with my web page containing Updatepanel & Script manager
while including master page?

Because when i run this page, I am getting error in the statusbar
(mentioning Done with warning symbol). I am using IE browser.
So I view the source of the web page.

Sys.WebForms.PageRequestManager._initialize('ctl00$ContentPlaceHolder1$ScriptManager1',
document.getElementById('aspnetForm'));

Sys.WebForms.PageRequestManager.getInstance()._updateControls(['tctl00$ContentPlaceHolder1$UpdatePanel1'],
[], [], 90);

The error specified by the web page is 'Sys' is undefined in the above two
lines.

I dont know what is the error..

Can anyone help me in this..

I am new to asp.net.

Mike Placentra II

There should be no problems with doing that, in fact it is possible to
leave the ScriptManager on the Master page and a lone UpdatePanel on
the content page. The performance will degrade (on the client side) if
you do put the ScriptManager on the Master page because the browser
will have to make more connections to load the page, though. I mean
that it will have to make more connections to make all of the
WebResource.axd requests on pages that would not otherwise need AJAX.

I don't know why IE would complain. I don't even use IE (well, for
testing sometimes). I don't even use Windows most of the time. Maybe
it's complaining because I exist.

-Michael Placentra II